• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Group or locking layers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you lock or group all the layers in your image?  I've read forum that said you have to click on the 3 dots.  I do not see any three dots. Another said to select layers from the image and not layer icons themselves. Doesn't work.  Another suggestion was to try a different browser.  I tried Chorme and Edge.  Other suggestions were click on layer and hold shift or ctrl A... these don't work either.  I have a simple 3 layer image that dreated and now want to crop/resize... but can't lock the layers.  Seems like a lot of people are having this problem. Where is this function?

ScottCreedArt_0-1696769179225.png

TOPICS
Image Editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To select multiple layers hold down the Shift key and click each element on the project canvas. To Group the layers use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+G or check the panel on the left-hand side, where you should see the option to Group. 

thejanebradbury_0-1696834525283.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your reply. But I don't have any icon that says "group" or anything similar. As my question stated, I have asked forums, watched videos and tried all suggestions otheds offered. This is such a simple and necessary tool that I don't seem to have; though I have a paid subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of your whole window please, where you have selected more than one element on the project canvas that you want to group? It's very difficult to suggest a solution without seeing what you are seeing on your screen. The ability to group layers is available when more than one layer or element is selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I will submit screenshots. But currently I’m unable to select more than
one layer. Like my original message stated, I’ve tried the clicking the
layer panels on right side, and tried selecting the image parts (imported
image (png), added shapes and borders). I’ve Tried to select them alone and
tried with combined Ctrl and Shift. There was a brief time shortly after
purchasing subscription that I was able to do it with some success, saw a
Group/ungroup icon, but not any longer.

I know nothing about developing or code. But geez, it should be as simple
as hit control, click on the specific layers desired and click on a Group
button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not tooting my own horn but i had a video scheduled for today about Grouping Layers. I'm not sharing it because I think you don't know how to do it, but maybe you can tell me exactly where the process goes wrong for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPAGbwAhOmM

I do know that clicking multiple layers in the stack doesn't work. I tend to use that method when I have a second image underneath acting as a shadow: so click the layer stack for the lower layer, click the upper element on the project canvas holding Shift down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines