• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import a gif image to cc express?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I tried I wasn't able to use an animated gif as place a photo seems to be the only option. 

Is there a way we can use our own animated gifs on the templates/personal designs?

Thanks,

Alpay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We will be happy to assist you. Kindly try the steps below and check if that helps you.

1. In the home page, under Try a quick action > Edit your video, select Convert to GIF.
  2. Choose one of the following:
    • Drag-and-drop a video in the drop zone.
    • Browse a file from your device.
    • Select a sample video.
  3. Trim the video by moving the clip's start point and end point. Choose a file size.
  4. Download your GIF.

Thanks,

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you But this is only good for converting videos into gifs but my question is if there is a way to use gifs in layouts. When gifs are placed they behave as still images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alpay,

Sorry about this. I don't think that functionality is supported. Be sure to file a feature request here: https://creativecloudexpress.uservoice.com/forums/329007-creative-cloud-express-feature-suggestion

Once you make one, tell all your friends to upvote your request. Drop the link here, I would be happy to upvote.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes express should be able to import Photoshop files and play the GIF that was created in Photoshop. This would be useful so we can export the GIF to a video, duplicate the timeline, and schedule to Instagram! Would be a nice workflow!

Hi Kevin!
Cheers!
Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant belive this still isnt possible?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue, im trying to create animated brand elements that can be dragged and dropped into adobe express to produce social media videos, 

but when i import a gif its just still, and doesent play

this is such a simple thing can't believe it doesent work 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here - I'm using this with students and it's trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines