• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert shape and make exact size

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I'm trying to use Adobe Express and want to insert a rectangle shape and make this an exact size (2 in x 1.5 in). How do I do this?? I can so far only see how to drag the image arbitrarily to change the size. 

TOPICS
Desktop Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you premium then you should be able to select the rectangle and click "resize" in the top left, that should show this

BarlaeDC_0-1702226323313.png

BarlaeDC_0-1702219256685.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have premium. The resize option only seems to be for resizing the page/document? And not for individual shapes/images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue and it seems ridiculous that there's no way to resize shapes to specific dimensions in this program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not! It’s very frustrating just eye balling how big to make images.

Kind regards,

Jasmine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a work around that is not bad but maybe not awesome, anyway.

• Create a new page
  • make it the size you want the object to be
  • make object on new page
  • copy and paste to main page
  • delete extra page

As I said not great but does mean you can size objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BarlaeDC!   your workaround does work, but Adobe definitely needs to get it together and add custom sizing to all elements.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody know if Adobe is going to address this seemingly silly flaw? Also, please give us grides and rulers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The easiest way to do this is the following:

1. Take your first item and drag it to the left corner until it snaps to the left and top border
  2. Resize by draging the circle on the edge of the shape after a single click.
  3. Drag other items over it and resize until the shortest side of the second shape snaps to the first shapes borders
  4. Drag the second shape to a new area and repeat for other shapes, using the first one as a size reference and letting the app do the snapping for you while you resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines