• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 to GIF just failed in Adobe Express and doesn't work well in Media Encoder

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a long time user of Adobe products, I'm shocked with the fact that Adobe doesn't have a working, high quality solution to convert an MP4 to a GIF. The solutions I've tried:

1. MP4 to GIF in Adobe Express: Didn't actually work for a 15 second video I had

2. Media Encoder: Worked, but files it produced seemed really large to be usable.

Solution that I found to work well (unless you really want to use one of those shady looking conversion tool online with ads):

ffmeg

https://superuser.com/questions/556029/how-do-i-convert-a-video-to-gif-using-ffmpeg-with-reasonable-...

Come on Adobe, I would expect more from you....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

Sorry to learn about your difficulties with the quick-action MP4 to GIF converter. I tested a few different MP4 files myself and they all seemed to work okay? How large was the source MP4? Was the source files generated by an Adobe program? In relation to Media Encoder producing large files, I would think that might be related to the output settings you used. You might want to lower the frame rate, frame size and increase the compression used. You might want to post in the Media Encoder forum for output setting recommendations here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/ct-p/ct-media-encoder?page=1&sort=latest_replies&...

Best,

Dave 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

The MP4 file is 3.5MB, and is attached in case you want to test it on your end.... for me it just gets stuck in "Prosessing...." page, that stays at 0%....

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines