• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Thumbnail When Sharing Creative Cloud Express Project

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reference to the attached image, I am trying to post an Adobe Creative Cloud Express online book that I created on Facebook, but instead of getting a "picture" of my title page of the project, all I get is a link with a light gray background that says "express.adobe.com".  With Adobe Spark, the title page thumbnail would get displayed as a background image to the link, thereby drawing attention.  Is it possible for Adobe Creative Cloud Express to generate a thumbnail like Adobe Spark did instead of just a boring gray background?  I tried using the text within the "Embed" option, but it just displays a JPG of the title page and doesn't open the actual online book.  Any assistance will be appreciated.  Thank you2022-04-18_17-02-32.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out; this shouldn't be happening. I want to inform you that we were able to replicate this on our end, and it is shared for further investigation. Once we have any info regarding this, you'll be updated.

Meanwhile, could you try posting a web page that is shared with you, and see if that also displays a light grey background saying "express.adobe.com".

Regards,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I ended up doing was using https://anyimage.io/# to create a "clickable" image--I took a screenshot of my Cloud Express project's title page then uploaded that image to the aforementioned website then used the link for the finished project as the target and lo and behold, it worked!!!  The more pressing issue is the inability for Creative Cloud Express to auto-rotate into a landscape position when a phone or tablet is rotated. This is a showstopper if you ask me--being able to utilize a full width image but only being able to see it in portrait mode takes away the "punch".  Further, only a sliver of the images that are used on "Glideshows" gets displayed--it crops a beautiful landscape image into a portrait mode, so only the center of the picture shows up.  I can't figure a work-around for this problem like I could for the thumbnail, so I would really appreciate it if Adobe could allow these projects to get displayed in landscape mode when viewed on a tablet or phone.  I do believe that with Adobe Spark, this was possible (I have made several projects using Spark and don't recall this being an issue).  Many thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. I wanted to share my project in a private group on Facebook, but your "Share on FB feature" only gives me a possibility to share in a story or my feed. And when using this feature it seems that the preview will show.  

But/ Since this is not where I wanted to share it, I tried to copy only the link of the project and then post it in my preferred private group, and also on Messenger, but then only the text "Express.adobe.com" showed up. No preview or project title.😢 So there seems to be limitations on how to share. 

Can you please give us back the possibility to share in group and also on Messenger using a link with a preview?

D3EE265E-757E-402B-8123-0B9849EC83AA.jpeg

68ACB189-9148-482E-836A-E2FD1851588D.png

41B45FA3-7E86-4263-9BC4-56E03AAE977F.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using this:  https://anyimage.io/#

Just take a screenshot of your opening/cover slide and use it for the background.  Then, upload it to that link I just provided and then you will have a "clickable" image for your audience to click on.  With just the boring gray express.adobe.com default that you get, I had one like (it was from my wife), but when I used the screenshot of my cover/title page, I had over 100 likes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked.👍 

But I still think it's a pity that Adobe doesn't let me view a thumbnail when sharing a link in a FB group to a spark page story...

But now it's out in the group with a thumbnail, thanks to you. ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As kind of an update on this, I didn't realize this when I first promoted the use of the anyimage.io option for creating a thumbnail, but when I post the URL that it creates on Facebook, it will ONLY allow the Adobe Spark Project to be displayed in portrait mode on phones or tablets, which really stinks.  

Adobe, PLEASE allow thumbnails to be created for these projects we create!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FSchleyhahn, I'd like to inform you that our team is working on getting a proper preview of thumbnails for Adobe express projects. Once there is an update, I'll surely let you know about it.

We apologise for the frustration & appreciate your patience. 

Regards

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe still working on this isssue?  Why was the system working better before than now? You should be making systems better and more useful than less. Still can't get a thumbnail to link to our Express webpage. What's the point of using Express if it so convoluted for people to even see the webpages? It's been two months since the last post here. Please update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is one of my favorite adobe features, and it's ridiculous that these wonderful projects cannot be showcased on the most popular messaging platforms on the planet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I share an Adobe express web page on Skype the thumbnail appears. However, I too am experiencing difficulty (lack of thumbnail) when posting to Facebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines