Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG files automatically cropped on upload

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community!

I'm exporting files from Illustrator at specific dimensions, but when uploading to Adobe Express (using Big Sur and Chrome), it crops the image to the visual pixels and changes the dimensions from the image's original. I'd like these elements to appear in specific places along with other elements so it's important that original image dimensions are honoured.

I thought I could trick it by adding some barely visible pixels to the corners of the image which works to an extent, but it scales the image on upload even when the image is the same dimensions as the artboard in Adobe Express. See the attached screenshot with uploaded images on the lower left and right of a 1200x1200 custom template; the same size as the original images.

I've also attached files with and without the additional pixels on the artboard boundaries so you can take a look for yourself, but I'd love the ability to turn off the automatic cropping/background removal.

Does anyone have any workarounds for this? For now, I'll need to use another service, I'd just much rather stick with the Adobe apps I'm already paying for and Adobe support just told me I could resolve the cropping if I convert them to jpg files sooo.....

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @John.Henry,

Welcome to the Adobe Express Community!!!

Would you mind confirming the setting used to export PNG in Illustrator? Was the 'Use Artboards' option checked while exporting the PNG? If not, would you mind sharing a screen recording of your workflow demonstrating the issue? 

Best,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines