• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving in Adobe Express

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new using Adobe Expess. I created a project and it worked well but now I am now having issues with importing images. When I try to import a photo from Lightroom the save wheel runs forever. Also, next to the Express logo is says it's "saving". It never stops. The only way to wake up the program is to close the window and then open it up again. Need some direction. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

I am on an Android device and I took some screenshots of the settings that may be interfering.

The setting that I notice could be interfering is the syncing automatically, which you can stop or pause and see if that is the cause of the issue.

The other possible issue seems to be tied up with the Creative Cloud.

See if any of the slides below can provide you with additional insights:

Screenshot_20221111-212032_Lightroom.png

Screenshot_20221111-212047_Lightroom.png

Screenshot_20221111-212127_Lightroom.png

Screenshot_20221111-212317_Lightroom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Thanks for taking the time to help. I think I found something that works. I tried exporting two images from Lightroom as jpg's and uploaded those instead of using the sync'd photos from Lightroom. I worked great. It always frustrates me though when something doesn't work the way it's supposed to and never know what's really causing the problems. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to save your Light Room work to the Creative Cloud as a library.

When you do this, the file becomes an asset in those libraries.

Assets can be accessed accross all of the supporting Adobe apps that you're collaborating with throughout the CC libraries.

When collaborating between apps, your files will be centralized in the Creative Cloud and also synced accross all devices. 

Instead of importing, you should save the Light Room  image as an asset in the CC Library.

And If I am not wrong,  you  may need to also be signed in in the Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Have you tried that?

And do you mind sharing a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t tried this. Honestly I’m not sure what it all means. I may know how to do it but don’t know the terminology. I’ve used Lightroom for a long time so at least I’m not brand new at it.

I watched the new Scott Kelby course that just came out on Adobe Express and followed his directions. He showed how to sync the photos from Lightroom and then import them. I know he’s done many projects with Express.

I attached an example of what is going on as I write this email. I would bet it would continue like this for hours if I let it. Notice the word saving up by the logo and then the save wheel over the photo. 

I’ve already imported at least 20 photos into my project but now nothing but problems.

Let me know what you think.Saving.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else I wanted to mention. Once the program gets stuck in this saving mode I can delete the photo that I'm trying to import but it still says it's saving up by the logo. From there the only choice is to close the program and then reopen it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an Android device and I took some screenshots of the settings that may be interfering.

The setting that I notice could be interfering is the syncing automatically, which you can stop or pause and see if that is the cause of the issue.

The other possible issue seems to be tied up with the Creative Cloud.

See if any of the slides below can provide you with additional insights:

Screenshot_20221111-212032_Lightroom.png

Screenshot_20221111-212047_Lightroom.png

Screenshot_20221111-212127_Lightroom.png

Screenshot_20221111-212317_Lightroom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to help. I think I found something that works. I tried exporting two images from Lightroom as jpg's and uploaded those instead of using the sync'd photos from Lightroom. I worked great. It always frustrates me though when something doesn't work the way it's supposed to and never know what's really causing the problems. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of image file format are these photos and what is the average file  size (just curious)?

Do you experience the same problem if you're on the mobile app and in a desktop computer via web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos start out as raw files that have been edited in Lightroom and then syncd to Cloud Storage. They were taken with a Nikon D500 or a Nikon D850. I'm not sure if you are familiar with Scott Kelby but I was following his directions from his new course "Photo Storytelling using Adobe Expess". I've done my project on a desktop computer via Chrome. I rarely use the mobile app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines