Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scam / Virus Email?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Hope you all are well

I received an email from 'adobe' about blog post or something and i actually would be interested in it. But it just seems a be sketchy. Is there any way if i can check if its a valid email from adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Haydn5CE9,

I can confirm that the email received is legit.

Congratulations! 🙂

Lyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a similar email from a, supposedly an outreach coordinator from Adobe Express. However, Google shows no such person with that name working for Adobe. Like the OP, I am curious about the veracity of the email. There don't appear to be suspicious links in the email, but the inability to verify the sender, plus the fact that his email address looks spammy, plus the kind of spammy feel of the content of the email itself makes me wonder.

This is what I received:

Hello!

My name is Leo and I’d love to reach your audience with custom content from our team at Adobe.

We've got a piece prepared for you that explains the benefits of relying on a professional photographer - everything from professional equipment, style knowledge to editing know-how.

Are you open to external contributors to your blog? If so, I’ll send it over for your consideration and feedback.

As a thank you for your hospitality I can send you a complimentary year-long license to all of our premium tools and templates once the article is published!

Thank you!
Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this exact email. Is it legit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a followup from the person today and I replied to that, saying that the original email looked fishy (phishy?). We'll see if I hear back with anything reassuring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm hoping it is legit! 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @beenigirl @CheshireIsaacs,

Thank you for reaching out.

He is an adobe employe.

To verify the authenticity of an email from an Adobe employee, check if the email address ends with "@adobe.com." If it does, it's legitimate.

Your security matters to us. Feel free to reach out at any time should you have any concerns or questions about emails.

Lyn 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received this exact email from the exact same person today. Did you end up using the content? Did you indeed get a free year subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines