• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is adobe express changing my lowercase to uppercase?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some text in my circular logo that I want to be in lowercase. But it displays in the design as all uppercase. Is this a limitation because the text is curved in a circle?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Hi @PS2511721293by ,

I'd like to inform you that capitalizing text when using the Curved, Grid & Magic Alignment feature is intrinsic to the app and works as designed.

However, you can directly let our engineering team know about your requirements by putting up a feature request at https://bit.ly/expressuser

We know everyone uses features differently & we want to empower you to keep making awesome content, so please consider sharing your feedback.

Regards,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your question. It appears whenever the Curved, Grid & Magic Alignment feature is used; the texts get capitalized. We were able to reproduce this on our end too. It seems to be intrinsic to the app.

However, I'll share it with the team in charge to investigate further on it. You'll be posted once we have an update from them.

Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks!

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PS2511721293by ,

I'd like to inform you that capitalizing text when using the Curved, Grid & Magic Alignment feature is intrinsic to the app and works as designed.

However, you can directly let our engineering team know about your requirements by putting up a feature request at https://bit.ly/expressuser

We know everyone uses features differently & we want to empower you to keep making awesome content, so please consider sharing your feedback.

Regards,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well. I want curved text that is lower case and almost none of the fonts will do it. This is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jasmine,

Welcome to Adobe Express Community,

Using curved text will automatically change almost all fonts in upper case, which is how it is designed. Nevertheless, you may submit a feature request to directly communicate your needs to our engineering staff at https://bit.ly/expressuser

Hope it helps,

~Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using Curved, Grid & Magic Alignment feature but i am still unable to change my text to lower case, could someone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Grace30163521k21n, Apologies for the late response!

Are you still facing this issue? Did you try changing the font or text recommendations? If possible, can you share a screen recording of the issue? It will help us investigate the issue better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same case, can not make the text into lowercase. what shoul ido?Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 21.07.55.pngScreenshot 2023-08-21 at 21.09.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amitej [abuse removed]. Do you not understand the complaint. This highly non-intuitive issue of all caps entirely ruins the creative flow when using Adobe Express.

janee_0-1705610059271.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are things smoother now?

Please let me know if this is resolved, as I'm here to help and support you in any way I can.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

^Lyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyn, although I can chase case on normal text, using arced or circular text still will not honor lower case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@walterf44684998, I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble.

It has been highlighted to me that the circular text can't be changed to lowercase yet. However, Adobe Express is continuously working on improving its features. 

I suggest voting here, as depending on the votes, it will get featured.

Thank you for your understanding and patience, and I apologise for any confusion and frustration this may have caused.

^Lyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines