• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nudity and Semi nudity using AI and its imposed restrictions.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe and its collective users

I am writing to you not only as a devoted user of Adobe’s suite of creative tools but also as a professional photographer whose work has been recognized and displayed in museum settings. My specialization in classic nudes has allowed me to explore the human form in a manner that celebrates beauty, form, and artistic expression. However, I have encountered a significant challenge with the AI restrictions placed on editing images that contain nudity, even when such images are created within a professional, artistic context.

As an artist whose work often involves nuanced and sensitive subjects, I understand and respect the complexities of creating ethical AI tools that serve a wide user base. However, the current limitations significantly impact my creative process and professional workflow, particularly when it comes to editing backgrounds for nude or semi-nude images. These restrictions not only prolong my work but also inhibit my artistic expression, compelling me to seek alternative solutions that may not offer the same level of quality and integration as Adobe’s products.

I propose the consideration of the following points, which I believe could benefit both Adobe and its professional users:

Artistic Integrity and Professional Use: Recognition of the professional and artistic context in which tools are used can help differentiate between content that is genuinely creative and that which the restrictions aim to prevent.

Ethical Use Policy: An ethical use policy that accommodates professional artists and photographers, possibly through a verification process, ensuring that our work is not unduly censored while maintaining legal and ethical standards.

Custom Solutions for Professionals: The development of specialized software versions that allow more flexibility for editing sensitive content, with appropriate safeguards to prevent misuse.

Feedback and Advisory Panel: Establishing a panel of professionals from the art and photography community to provide ongoing feedback and insights on how Adobe’s tools can better serve creative professionals.

Transparent Guidelines: The creation of clear, transparent guidelines that navigate the legal and ethical landscape, especially regarding sensitive content, to ensure users can understand and comply with Adobe’s policies.

I am fully committed to engaging in a constructive dialogue and am willing to be part of a solution that respects both the creative needs of artists and the ethical considerations of digital content. I believe that by working together, we can find a balanced approach that supports artistic expression while adhering to shared values and responsibilities.

Thank you for considering my perspective on this matter. I am hopeful for an opportunity to discuss this further and explore how we can make Adobe’s tools even more inclusive and accommodating for professional artists and photographers.    Steven Williams 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 139 Replies 139
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly is simply too restrictive and takes away the artistic freedom of the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu pago essa [cursing removed] de programas da Adobe para editar minhas fotos de conteúdo adulto. E essa [cursing removed] de programa conservador do [removed by moderator] não quer deixar eu subir minhas fotos. Pago quase 300,00 por mês e não tenho direito de usar como quero. Nem tem como cancelar o contrato com a Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes right I agree to you.Adobe should remove their hard restriction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich verstehe nicht warum Begriffe wie vollbusig oder großes Dekolletee nicht erlaubt sind. Das hat nichts mit Sexismus, Po-n- oder ähnlichem zu tun. Ich wollte ein Model erstellen mit großer Oberweite für einen Modeflyer, sämtlich Begriffe wurden nicht angenommen. Dann habe ich ein Bild aus einer Datenbank gekauft. Wofür Firefly wenn ich dann doch wieder zukaufen muss?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recognize the obvious problem here - I would not be seeking obscene content, but in fact, I am asking for an age restricted paid for version with the possibility of nudity. It seems like an obvious step as many of the images generated are not suitable because the clothing just doesnt work for life drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dalvidos Similar requests have been made and each time users are referred back to the terms of use outlined by Adobe.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms/adobe-gen-ai-user-guidelines.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with your perspective, Steven. I fully share your frustration as a longtime Photoshop user since the mid-1990s, spanning 34 years. Photoshop became the gold standard for photo editing largely because of its role in the fashion industry, where enhancing the human form was accepted and celebrated. What I find troubling is that Adobe’s software, once intended for private use, is now subjected to overreaching censorship that treats our personal workspaces as if they were public forums.

If this were a community space like Discord, where content moderation is necessary to protect a wider audience, I’d understand. But that’s not the case here. This feels like "Big Brother" AI moderation, applying an overly cautious and highly subjective lens to what should be private, professional work. Even though we agree to their terms of service, these restrictions feel borderline offensive, particularly when Photoshop became what it is today by supporting industries that relied on its ability to edit the human body—most notably, fashion marketing. How can Adobe be held liable for what users create in their own private spaces? It’s a flimsy excuse.

If Adobe’s concern is backlash from extremist groups, they are caving to the pressure of a vocal minority that shouldn't have a say in the creative work of professionals. The company should stand up for the artists and photographers who have remained loyal for decades. The fact that I’ve had innocuous items like flesh-toned vases flagged, or client photos of swimwear restricted from AI tools due to arbitrary censoring, is absurd and quite frankly, infuriating. We’re talking about a shoulder or a curve—basic elements of photography and art. 

I recognize the potential dangers of AI misuse, and yes, there will always be those who exploit technology. But restricting advanced editing features for professionals—who have been using this software for decades—undermines our workflow and stifles creativity. Rather than weaponizing censorship against its most devoted users, Adobe should be championing the advancements of AI to make our lives easier.

Perhaps a waiver or verification process could be implemented for professional artists, fashion retouchers, and photo editors, but at the core, this is private-use software, and Adobe’s promise of "creating anything" in their advertising should mean exactly that—with no arbitrary restrictions.

The slogan 'Unleash your creativity with AI art generation' is misleading; the reality is closer to 'Release your family-friendly creativity with AI art generation.' But let’s be honest, that doesn’t sell software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The data storage and processing is being performed on Adobe's servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully share your frustration as a longtime Photoshop user since the mid-1990s, spanning 34 years.

By @skottieo

You can continue to edit photos the way you have done for 34 years. It's only Generative AI, created by typing words into a prompt and done on Adobe's servers, that has restrictions.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Jane....as Adobe uses our images to train its AI it will get better and soon you won't even notice that you don't upload shameful material anymore.  A vase that looks like a womans shoulder?  Someone must be a pervert.  Just don't DO the things that they don't want you to do and it won't be a problem!  Win-win!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Clint_Kaster5817 Adobe doesnt use your images to train it's AI. Please read:

https://www.adobe.com/ai/overview/firefly/gen-ai-commitments.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any know if the 'FireFly' restriction is perminant or termporary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2024 Oct 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, October 5, 2024, I attempted to combine two images using AI generation, but it refused to process them. I contacted an Adobe technician, and they confirmed that there was no violation. However, they explained that AI censorship was preventing it. Could you please review the images and let me know if you see anything vulgar? Adobe, you are going to lose customers and great clients. Others are taking off their restrictions on AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2024 Oct 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do you think you need AI to combine (composite) two images?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines