• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V2 verses V3 quality

Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have extreme respect, admiration for the Firefly team and engineers, but something has gone off the rails concerning the V3 preview. This isn't a question, so I placed it in this section of bugs. If I didn't care about Firefly I wouldn't be here showing examples.

These are direct renders of "multiple generations" using V3 preview off the original V2 file. I will show the V2 first, then V3 will follow each image. I kept trying to get a good image from V3, yes it's a preview, but it needs to be addressed. These are the best of the best V3 images. And with that said I'll shut up lol and let you judge.

V2

Firefly A figure in a dirty, grimy, rainy, smoky dystopian city on a narrow street with crowds, brig (6).jpg

V3

Firefly A figure in a dirty, grimy, rainy, smoky dystopian city on a narrow street with crowds, brig (5).jpg

V2

Firefly A dirty, grimy, rainy, smoky dystopian city on a narrow street with crowds, video screens, s (3).jpg

V3

Firefly A dirty, grimy, rainy, smoky dystopian city on a narrow street with crowds, video screens, s (2).jpg

V2

Firefly Vintage Pilot flying plane with a helmet and wearing a leather jacket unbuttoned ; character (10).jpg

V3

Firefly Vintage Pilot flying plane with a helmet and wearing a leather jacket unbuttoned ; character (9).jpg

V2

Firefly clouds approach from the background. -A large, angled, rolling clouds flying hovering indust (1).jpg

V3

Firefly clouds approach from the background. -A large, angled, rolling clouds flying hovering indust (2).jpg

TOPICS
Desktop , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strive for mood, dynamics, ambiance, and storytelling in my images and V3 sucks the life out of them.

V2

Firefly Structure, spiral, form, delicate, coral 49180 (1).jpg

V3

Firefly Structure, spiral, form, delicate, coral 28663.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACTLY. I am very glad I'm not the only one reporting this. Some of the images 3 renders with my old formulas are hysterically terrible. They need to either FIX 3, and/or leave up 2 for those of us who prefer it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It feels like from model 1 to 2 to 3 the ability to create a realistic photo has increased at the same time going from 1 to 2 to 3 the ability to create artistic images has decreased. Is that what you are feeling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Droopy good to see you!

Yes, it's like the realism push is overriding everything, it should be a button, not shoved onto everything in its current state, artistic V1 & V2 are heading out the door, I'm sad to say. To be perfectly honest I feel bad posting this, real bad but I need to speak up. Want to see something that pains me to show?

V2

Firefly A dark two-toned frog holding an umbrella while hanging on a street light pole, wearing a we (2).jpg

V3

Firefly A dark two-toned frog holding an umbrella while hanging on a street light pole, wearing a we (3).jpg

Multiple V3 generations with the V2 file and I get blown out lighting, distortions, color bleed in B&W photo, etc.., This is after 10 generations, the best of the best and I have this to show. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This weekend I'll go completely deep dive and see what I can do on my end to circumvent these extreme changes and try to pull a positive out of it. Try to find an artistic path in all of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing the detailed post. We appreciate it. Can you post some of the prompts you used to generate images? We'll try them at our end.

Thanks again. Happy to help. 

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links are dead due to a hardware problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Concerning the frog, the color bleed was caused by a bug when a Chiaroscuro or Film Noir is applied over an image that had it applied previously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another example that supports my realistic versus artistic theory.  I created this series of images called "hideous hotel carpeting" making fun of the design patterns used in hotel carpeting.  Here is this same prompt in each of the models.

Prompt: endless plush hideous hotel broadloom carpet, repetitive pattern, seamless interlaced geometric design, geometric shapes, random patterns, pink light-blue brown

Model 1:

Firefly endless plush hideous hotel broadloom carpet, repetitive pattern, seamless interlaced geomet (1).jpg

Model 2:

Firefly endless plush hideous hotel broadloom carpet, repetitive pattern, seamless interlaced geomet (2).jpg

Model 3:

Firefly endless plush hideous hotel broadloom carpet, repetitive pattern, seamless interlaced geomet (3).jpg

These were the best images generated for this prompt in these models. Adding styles did not significantly change the results (or at least did not improve them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that is an even more dramatic visual difference than mine. Maybe the increased realism could be a slider like the current intensity sliders, I dunno. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep the old engines alongside the new. A bit like versions Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, would rather they ditch model 2 and keep 1 and 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even see an Image 1 Model any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had issues also. I tried the same prompt in both Image 2 and Image 3 models. The image 3 model gave me clay-like looking flowers. The image 2 model gave me beautiful, frilly flowers. An unbelieveable difference! I don't seem to have access to Image 1 model any more. Please Adobe, Keep the Image 2 model as well... please don't ever get rid of it like it seems has happened with Image 1 model.Image 3 Model.jpgImage 2 Model.jpgImage 2 Model B.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my images came in huge and without the captions. The first picture is the Image 3 model, and the other two are the Image 2 model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amy27298162kmmg, Adobe Express appears to still use model 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you droopydog500. Are you finding that on the online page? I just tried it last night and I didn't see where I had an option. What am I missing? The result I got for flowers was basicallly a blob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amy27298162kmmg, There is not a clear published table, but what we constructed on the Adobe Firefly Discord is:

Model

Firefly Text to Image (web)  
X
X
Firefly Generative Fill (web)    
X
Adobe Express
X

Photoshop General Release
X

Photoshop Beta    
X
Illustrator
X

InDesign    
X
API (enterprise only)*
X
X

*information from API changelog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh curious @droopydog500 ,

Could the Adobe folks on this forum say why?

Best

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving from bugs to discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image 3 appears to lack the functionality or image control of image 2. using the same parameters (effects etc)  from image 2 to image 3 produces very different stylistc results. also, working with image 3, application of (ex) movement selections appear to have no effect on the final results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

Sorry to hear that.  Could you share the generated output? Also, provide us the prompt and setting you used to generate images?

Thanks,

KR

Moved to discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines