• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Maintaining a scene or character across different prompts

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I wanted to storyboard a script and produce different angles of the same thing. It would be nice to have something that holds on to the core look and objects within the frame so we can get a wide, medium , and close shot of the same scene.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Design , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
96 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there is an upcoming FireflyAI feature that creates storyboards from text for video. I saw that and immediately realized how valuable that would be for publishing as well. I am working on a children's book, and have already produced the text and the corresponding visual descriptions to be given to an illustrator. If I could use this AI tool to swiftly generate a storyboard, it could simplify the illustrator's job significantly. Furthermore, it would offer me a chance to visualize the narrative flow and make any necessary adjustments to the visual descriptions.

Merging your thread here so we can track the demand for certain features. You can upvote the original post to let us know you want this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I love Firefly and what you have done. 

One suggestion I have is to somehow create a family of images that all have the same style as each other, even though the subject matter is different. Firefly is great for creating individual images, but if I want a suite of them to feel like they are the same, it's not currently possible, or at least I have not figured it out.

For example, I have written a short book for my son and I want him to enjoy it with some illustrations. It would be great if I could lock in a specific style so that I could create a book worth of illustrations that feel like they are done in the same style.

Hope that makes sense, it's kinda hard to explain. 

Keep up the good work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion! This relates to my recent feature request "https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-firefly-beta-ideas/story-ability-to-have-saved-design-styles-th...

As designers who may be designing for brands, personal brands, or projects requiring a specific brand style, we must achieve the same aesthetic for imagery as we need to. It's like a designer who is creating human-made designs in Illustrator and has mastered the look they need at each iteration through the use of palettes, forms, specific shapes, etc. It's almost as if our feature request could work as a short-term solution for †his. Though, it could lead to a more long-term solution through a project-based approach allowing us to have access to a specific design style of imagery already preprogrammed and learning continuously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to see this! I mainly use firefly for D&D character creation, and putting htem in different situations would be amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a suggestion for enhancing Adobe Firefly. To facilitate the creation of multiple images with consistent styles, I propose the implementation of a "Style Freeze" feature. This feature would allow users to lock or freeze specific style elements within the generated images. For example, if I'm working on a book project, I should be able to freeze the character style to maintain consistency throughout the illustrations. Additionally, it would be valuable to have the option to freeze backgrounds, ensuring that they remain uniform across multiple images, giving them a cohesive and family-like appearance. This "Style Freeze" functionality would greatly benefit users seeking consistency and coherence in their image generation projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide option to generate content as continuous based on common things. Like if we are creating a story, we can fix characters and continue to generate different story situations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for your idea, as you can see from this string it's a popular request. I haven't had a chance to try the "Correct Answer" but I'd be interested if anyone else has I'd be interested in your results - with samples?

R.Cates
CSI Productions
If you want peace, be peaceful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have seen image upload and use it style reference and generating image by text, but it would be better if use face exactly as per image and generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a landscape and the result of a specific look and feel of a tree is one that we want to keep but the surroundings we want different. It would be welcome to be able to select a object (house, car, trees, etc) and protect their style while the rest regenerated into variations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really enjoy the Photo settings sliders, but I have a use case that is not currently met.

Changing the Photo settings also changes the image content as if with a new seed. I'd like to simulate shooting the exact same scene with different settings. This would simulate moving the camera when changing focal length or aperture. Retain the same subject composition, such as a bust or full length portrait so that the subject retains the same visual space in the frame.

------------------------------------------------------------
Never let your tools get in the way of your art!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thank you!  But the video "teaser" as well as comments in the thread do not get  at solving the issue of "locking -in" a certain look as the story board progesses with different text prompts.  Each re-generation or refresh just produces another "brand -new" rendering which  may or not be compatible with the previous rendering.  

I LOVE Firefly and have quickly outstripped , maybe, its intended purpose.   But I am thirsty for more.  Specifically , the ability to maintain continuity in creating a story board or an illustrated book.

I have tried the suggested technique of importing an image to provide a "seed" along with the text but that result was very different and therefore not a solution.

We are hungry for more.  😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER. This is an issue I (and many others) have commented on (and requested as a feature). This video does not address the continuity of characters between scenes in a storyboard or storybook. Slapping "Correct Answer" on a post does not make it so.

If the community is missing something, I'd be interested in attending a FireFly webinar where the steps involved show this in practice - I'm sure many others would appreciate this as well.

I'm sure this isn't a simple "bug fix" so I can only imagine what's involved. Still, it's a very common use for FireFly and this would make it insanely popular for obvious reasons.

Thank you.

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that there is a lot of interest in generating different scenes with a consistent character. Has this been achieved yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can already see there's a huge demand signal for the capability of generating consistent characters across multiple frames and scenes to facilitate video storyboards and all aspects of production workflows. It looks like we can hack our way there but it's currently too time consuming. Please put your best team on this feature as soon as possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lot of neat "coming soon" features in the video you sent, but I didn't see anything about maintaining a consistent character across multiple scenes and situations. Was I missing something or were you referring to a different video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This technique is FAR, FAR away from what folks are asking for but in the meaantime, I have had some success with this approach.

I use the Firefly "slot machine" and arrive at a few characters in a scene that  I am happy with.  I use photoshop and a mask program to isolate the characters.  Then I use just the character  file to seed Firefly along with a description.  I have even had some luck with asking for different views of the subject.  After many generates, I usually come up with several viable views of my chaacter.  I then pick a host scene from Firefly and use Photoshop to overlay a masked version .  I can move the character around fairly convincingly.

For example the winged guide fairy in my story was created seperately from the scene.  I guess I could use generative fill but I like to work in Photoshop as I can blend and place with better control.

Fairy Forest Winged guide at top of trail.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pour une histoire, vous pourriez demander de décrire les différents personnage et de les nommer... ainsi lorsque l'on veut générer des illustrations, ses premières images créées par votre IA pourraient être utilisées comme base... on garderait plus de cohérence dans notre travail

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my point of view, one of the most important features that is currently still missing: people and characters must remain the same from image to image. So that you can, for example, tell a story with the same characters over several images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to consistent characters!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think such a feature would be very strong. There is already the possibility to upload reference images. That already works pretty well. If I now imagine that I upload a character as a reference, which is then incorporated into all images, this would be a powerful tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a storyboard quickly. I'd like to be able to use the same character (same shirt, same hairstyle, same age / look) but I can't figure it out. Would love to do that. Or sometimes I like the image, but I don't like the style (I need it to look like a sketch). I want to be able to use the same image but ask the engine to change the style of it. Or change one part of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to club of people trying to do exactly the same thing. We're all hoping Adobe is working on this. I've see other apps that people are using with this capability so I know it can be done. If you discover a way to do it with the available tools, please PLEASE let us know. I'm trying to do some children's book illustrations and this would be mandatory for the character to carry over between images in various scenarios.

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ CSI Productions.
Until Firefly has this capabilty I create a character I like and download. Then I can mask all but the charater in Photoshop and then place in different Firefly produced scenes.  I can change the size of character  and colors of the clothes amd placement and can flip  but of course not the 'tween orientations.  Even with creative use of layers I can selectively place behind a prop.  Not a big payoff but a tiny work-a-round.  I did this to create 3 solo charaters from a trio and once isloated can place individual characters in different parts of a scene. Etc.

I am exploring the use of poser software that is mainly used for artists to create a particular pose to draw from.  Similar to the old school wooden posers.  The online vesrions work great and can be imported into 3D modeling programs like Blender.  The needed piece would be to have a set of clothes that are also 3D renderble that then could be used to wrap around  the body model.  I do that already with say upholstery and chairs.  Basically 3D paper doll sets.

Add to the wish list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could also draw them by hand. I'm well aware of the options available with compositing and I've been aware of poser, blender, Cinema etc etc. The point is to streamline this with Firefly. Another reason this is desperately needed is for storyboarding. I'll just do thumbnails by hand rather than go through the gymnastics you suggest.

I appreciate your willingness to suggest workarounds but isn't the whole idea of AI to streamline the production process, not find other ways to do things the way they're done now?

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not blessed with the artist skills of creating characters and scenes.  I am a manipulator or mechanic. I like Firefly and I think it adds a needed tool for me to turn my thoughts and ideas into unique and well crafted images albiet there is a certain "slot machine" aspect to the process.  That is the "new" for  me and a wonderful tool that I can add to my tool-kit.  

I need to produce finsished products and not sketches or story boards.  I love Firefly and other forms of AI beacuse it creates new paths for me to follow that I would have never thought about.  So I guess I am a hybrid of AI and natural abilities.  The blend of old tools (blender, photoshop, poser) and new tools (Firefly)  is working for me.

A corollary thought is around text.  Wow,  I get great new story lines from a bullet point list as input but more than often the text, though creative and "new", is stilted or versbose or etc. and I have to turn to old writing skills to hone a new better product.  AI makes me better and expands my work but I'm kinda' glad that I still stay in the process and am part of the creativity.

Votes

Translate

Translate