• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Maintaining a scene or character across different prompts

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I wanted to storyboard a script and produce different angles of the same thing. It would be nice to have something that holds on to the core look and objects within the frame so we can get a wide, medium , and close shot of the same scene.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Design , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
84 Comments
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well to that I say, you are doing the best you can with what you have to work with and I compliment you on that. I suck at carpentry but I still have tools and use YT video tuts to do projects I wouldn't normally try. Like you I enjoy the craftmanship and I find it to be very rewarding. To me, I'm a carpenter, to a carpenter - ha ha ha they'd laugh but, that's ok, it brings me pleasure. Keep going, over time we all improve and Firefly may be just the thing to get people who wouldn't normally build their own media to dip their toes in the water. Fascinating times.

R.Cates
CSI Productions
If you want peace, be peaceful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have a AI reference image of characters be replicated exactly in other scenes? Using beta 2 firefly

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vous pouvez travailler sur la suggestion en permettant à l'utilisateur d'importer achaque etape de sa modification l'element similaire qu'ils voudrais editer. Cela donnera encore plus de facilité de une correspondance encore plus avancé de ce que desirs le createur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

ce serait pertinent d'avoir la possiblité de pouvoir travailler à partir de la même image afin de la faire évoluer dans différentes pauses ou actions. 

Ex : un homme qui sourit, face caméra.

le même homme qui fronce les sourcils et s'interroge, les yeux levés en l'air

le même homme qui salue quelqu'un (hors champs)

etc

je vous remercie par avance de votre écoute. 

Bonne journée,

[Removed by Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe photoshop it will be very useful to generate same thing on different photos. For examle in one photo I replace some background stuff and I have almost the same photo but I can generate the same background as on previous picture. PLEASE it is very important button generate as on privious image =)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real answer is that in ANY AI tool (at the current moment) it's not failproof, given the very nature of generative content, which means "random", but the short answer is yes, ROUGHLY speaking. It's never going to be spot on perfect until the engines start refining their learning models. 

Observe: (Currently working on this project)

Firefly 20231130101306.png

Generated source used a a "Style Reference"
In my explorations I've discovered it's better to have a human character without clothes (Adobe has an obvious limitation here) to that the learning model doesn't try to "force" the clothing in any subsequent generations/scenes. 

Now, we generate specific scenes being VERY descriptive. If you're lazy with your prompts your results will be more "guesswork". It's important to note I included the prompt I used in the source image in every new scene/generation, followed by my specific scene descriptors. 

Firefly 40-year-old woman with tan skin, medium-length black wavy hair parted to the left, with haze (4).jpg

Firefly 40-year-old woman with tan skin, medium-length black wavy hair parted to the left, with haze (7).jpg

Firefly 40-year-old woman with tan skin, medium-length black wavy hair parted to the left and tied i.jpg

Firefly Bottom-up close-up macro view with dramatic warm back light, of a 40-year-old woman with tan (1).jpg

Firefly shot from wide side view with dramatic warm back light, of a 40-year-old woman with tan skin.jpg

      
As you can see, the results are close, but not spot on. Again, even in Midjourney using the /prefer option set you're NOT going to get 100% likeness in each generation. This is the nature of the AI beast. That being said, Firefly's interface is money.

Overall, I find that as it stands at the current moment, multi-scene application using the same character is not refined enough by the current toolset. It's been a somewhat contentious and frustrating journey trying to force a square peg in the proverbial round hole. This method starts to break down whenever you start adding more varired characters into one scene. Firefly can do it, but the other characters look VERY related to your main character.

I have a deadline, so I'm going to have to soldier through it, but I can't wait to tell my Art Director in post mortem that, "this ain't it".

Right, time to brew more coffee. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Can you share the prompts that you used?
Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you say you did or did not use FireFly for this sequence of images. If you did, I think this is very close. If not, it gives me hope that at some point we'll have something like this in FF. The without clothes is clearly an issue but as you showed here, neck and shoulders isn't really naked but you probably need to use that in the prompt which would raise a red flag. Moving in the right direction.

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main qualifying prompt is: 
"a 40-year-old woman with tan skin, medium-length black wavy hair parted to the left, with hazel eyes and a long slender nose, with medium-thin lips"... (This gets inserted in the front of every subesquent prompt)

Followed by an attire prompt: 
..."wearing collarless white pleated blouse with a saturated magenta blazer and dark grey business casual pants with purple flat shoes"....

Followed by an action prompt: 
..."sitting inside a blue car holding the steering wheel and driving on a busy city street, with her head pointed forward at the road"...

Followed by a camera prompt: 
..."Wide side view"...

Followed by an enviroment/lighting prompt: 
..."with back lighting."

The complete prompt looks like this:
a 40-year-old woman with tan skin, medium-length black wavy hair parted to the left, with hazel eyes and a long slender nose, with medium-thin lips, wearing collarless white pleated blouse with a saturated magenta blazer and dark grey business casual pants with purple flat shoes, sitting inside a blue car holding the steering wheel and driving on a busy city street, with her head pointed forward at the road. Wide side view with back lighting.

You can switch the order, and insert your own unique prompts. This has been working for me thus far, some scenes better than others. When I get to scenes that involve multiple characters (plus my lead character) Firefly reallys starts to shirt the bed. 

I'm still trying to figure out getting reliable/effective camera angles and NOT having the character look at the camera like a fool. Seems random at best. If anyone has any solid prompts for that I would greatly appreciate the share. Before anyone jumps in I've added "looking at camera" in the exclude list under the advanced field on the sidebar. Does not matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Firefly, using the Style Reference feature, which is crucial to teaching the model that you want "x" character's likeness in each generation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

Thank you so much. I (and I'm sure others) are so appreciative of you sharing this with us. We're all trying to get a grip on what prompts deliver what we want and this is one of the longer prompts I've seen. I wasn't even aware it would generate an image with this much info so I think we all just learned something.

I've mentioned a number of times that I'm trying to create a children's book my daughter wrote and until I can generate consistency of characters between scenes, I can't begin the process. To date this is the closest I've seen.

Again thank you for your kindness and willingness to share this important prompt.

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your appreciation! 🙂 

Let's face it, generative AI is still relatively uncharted territory. It's been an "on the job" experience to say the least. 

In terms of prompts, I'm not exactly sure if having more or less information for the tool to bite onto is positive or negative. In my own expereience, and in also using other generative AI image tools outside of Firefly, the more detailed information you can feed it the better. This is why I've developed my own prompting convention to help keep this stuff approachable and manageable, otherwise it gets thick into the weeds really quickly. 

I have some possibly interesting takeaways to share after having just completed my last frame of the script, which was a hurclean feat and a half.  As follows: 

• Generative AI text-to-image (or video) is NOT ready for prime time in the context of multiframe narrative where you need the same character throughout the storyline. No jobs are getting replaced here. The toolset will get there within the next year or two, especially if there's a ton of demand for that out there, but as it stands today you'd better have a full body of hair on your head because half of it is getting pulled out and the other half is going grey. True story. 

• Firefly's "Style Reference" feature is a great bonus in terms of getting similar results, BUT it most definitely needs refinement, such as locking or resusing the same seed generation, which would go a long way to help ensuring you get the desired result. Again, if used, ALL characters in your scene get the same likeness. Everyone looks like a sibling. It's currently working in a pinch to varied results, but it feels rudimentry, or too "user-friendly" as it stands at the moment. Adobe, give us a little autonomy here. 
  • Maybe this is a placebo due to starring at the screen for rash of uninterprupted consecutive hours, but as I went along in my generation journey of my character generation results seemed to get progressively worse. My results started to get progressively "muddier". I'm not sure how Firefly is working under the hood, and I doubt Adobe will let us take a peek, but resetting the UI seemed to bring it back to results I would expect. 

• Hands. Lord help us all with AI hands. Pick your poisonous generation tool, they all suffer from this and it will be the bane of my AI existence until it's reliably addressed. 

• Production time: Thought you were going to save time=money, did you? Ha! Sure, I didn't have to illustrate each frame which obviously DOES save time=money in the grand scheme of things, but there's plenty of time=money in having to sit there and massage the deep learning models to behave itself like an onry toddler. There's hope here; As the models data mine more information the equation will eventually be, "understanding=awesome sauce". 

Cheers, and happy holidays, you crazy creative cloud kids! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build storyboard with same characters across images 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a feature that allows the character's image to maintain a consistent appearance based on the content written in the prompt. For example, if the prompt is "Create a side view of the character," it should be able to show the character's frontal view as a side view for the same character. The current situation of generating entirely new characters seems insufficient for utilizing the Firefly's capabilities to the fullest. From a designer's perspective, this feature is genuinely essential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gostaria de sugerir a implementação de recursos aprimorados para a criação de personagens em sua plataforma. A proposta é que os usuários possam manter a identidade visual de seus personagens e, por meio de prompts ou comandos intuitivos, ajustar facilmente posições, cenários ao redor e interações com outros personagens criados pelo mesmo autor.

Imagino que essa funcionalidade simplificaria significativamente o processo de criação, permitindo que os usuários se concentrem na narrativa e na dinâmica entre os personagens, sem a necessidade de redesenhar cada cena. Essa abordagem inovadora não apenas agilizaria o fluxo de trabalho, mas também abriria portas para a criação de histórias visuais mais ricas e envolventes.

Acredito que essa adição não só beneficiaria os usuários ao proporcionar mais flexibilidade e eficiência, mas também enriqueceria a experiência geral na Adobe Firefly. Espero que essa sugestão contribua para o contínuo aprimoramento da plataforma, proporcionando aos criadores um ambiente mais intuitivo e inspirador para dar vida às suas histórias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fabio310698141uoi 

Firefly does not do that currently. If you want consistency between scenes and characters in your stories, you might want to explore traditional methods of working. Try Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop or a combination of both.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly should be able to create multiple images using the same characters 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @honeydrew,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind using Generative Match in Firefly (https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/using/style-match.html) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree that being able to keep a face across all iterations of a grompt. Many times I have had the perfect face in a prompt but then it is replace by a less appealing face when I do something as simple as changing the aperture. This is extremely frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a person (let say a tourist) and put him in different situations, like working in the New York street, or playing chess or doing something else. It should be same person in different environment and dressed differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like this feature, too. Sometimes the generation is really close to what I want but I need some changes. It would be great to be able to add instrutions to the visible image, like making the sky blue or sunset, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Matt. Your experimental dilligence is our benefit. As for Adobe, I reject their "Correct answer." It is in fact, very much NOT the correct answer. Using photoshop to put different clothes on the same AI generated head is hardly what we're talking about here. They know it and we know it. If it makes them feel better checking it off the "Requested Features" list as having been addressed, more power to'm. Working with their customers would be a far smarter way to get to the end results we're really looking for.

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make it so you can toggle remember prompt in text-photo, let me explain.

If you enable remember prompt, when you make a new prompt, instead of a new scene or picture, it changes the previous picture based on the new prompt, for example, if you prompt "a cat on a porch being watched by an old lady" then prompt "the old lady pets the cat", instead of making a completly new scene, lady, and cat, the same old lady will pet the same cat on the same porch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please enable this feature.  If we can save and reapply our characters across different scenes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very good idea!  In need it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate