• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UX: Option to start in Workspace directly

Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current, opening up Firefly in a browser starts at the top level, and selecting one of the models takes you to a gallery start page. Please enable an account-level option to skip the gallery and go straight to the workspace.

This allows experienced users to set up their parameters without first creating a prompt. This saves time and a few steps.

Going straight to the workspace without any generated images also reduces compute overhead and load, and saves some account credits.

------------------------------------------------------------
Never let your tools get in the way of your art!
Idea No status
TOPICS
Desktop , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

This is a common request, and I hope Adobe moves to a more full-featured landing page.  Until then, there is a non-perfect work around which is to click on one of the images on the start page and instead of clicking "refresh" to generate that image, clear the styles, aspect ratio, and prompt and put in what you want. You will be starting with the seed from that image which might or might not have a negative impact, but you save the "wasted" gen credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Workaround: Select an image from the main gallery. From there, you can select styles and enter your prompt. 😄 I 100% forgot who shared that with me but Kudos to them! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
38 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently when on the home page, you can type out text and click generate to make your first image of something. But if I'm wanting to apply a certain effect, or upload a reference to use, or set a certain lighting or composition setting, I need to find an image to click "View samples" on so that I can make those changes. It would be useful to have a button somewhere to be able to bring up that page so that those settings can be changed without either a) using up a credit to generate an image to get to that page, or b) having to navigate to it through a round-about method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be amazing is a person's home page showing the last gens they created in one segment.

Almost like a recently opened setup in desktop apps

Best

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Firefly and while i absolutely love it, I am using it to create YouTube thumbnails. I am forced to use a credit to generate a 1:1 image so that I can get to the controls and change my image to 16:9. I'd love to be able to change my aspect ratio default setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear you love Firefly! It is such a great tool.

The issue you raise is covered in this post: Image Generator landing page has prompt only. There is a work-around, which is not perfect, in that post as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ted35338989ltj8 be sure to add your vote to this post as well: UX: Option to start in Workspace directly

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Users cannot change the output settings from square to the user's required format, so a generative credit is wasted everytime Firefly is visited.

Could we have a landing page where we can adjust the settings, rather than just a prompt page with examples of what other users have created?

Many Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This has been requested for quite a while.

See the pinned workaround from @CMass at the top of this thread.

hth

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This has been requested for quite a while.

See the pinned workaround from @CMass at the top of this thread.

hth

mj

iMSD

how would you think that pointing out the workaround is helpful, when it's clearly already posted? Are you suggesting that this shouldn't be fixed? Just bored and wanted to add some text to a page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thatchallengerguy, the workaround is helpful right now for several Firefly customers. I know it's frustrating when there is an issue that you're encountering that isn't solved; please know that the team is aware. 

Just for context, it looks like MJ's comment was also pulled in when I merged a thread from a different post. This type of threading is confusing and it's also something we are working on resolving. 

Please remember to be kind and respectful of others trying to help. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote Please remember to be kind and respectful of others trying to help. 

given that there's no indication that the comment was placed here by anyone but the poster at the time it was posted, I feel that my response was warranted. Being kind and respectful is perfectly reasonable - a blasé reply pointing to an already-posted workaround is not that. 

it's good to see that Adobe is finally putting employees on customer support instead of leaving it to other customers, but yes, I agree, this forum is sorely lacking in features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a pain to have to delete your text every time I open the program...before I can use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate