Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder doesn't retain the name of the sequence from Premiere

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This problem has plagued media encoder for the past couple of versions.

Still exists in the latest version 24. 

When I export my sequence directly to media encoder without passing through the premire export dialog and pressing "send to media encoder" button , media encoder doesn't keep the name of the Sequence as the name of the exported file.

Instead it puts an older sequence name. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that I'm making duplicates of my sequences for multiple versions instead of creating a new sequence everytime, which would be time consuming.

If I press the "send to media encoder" button all goes as expected.

It isn't a major bug but it gets annoying when having more videos to export at the same time and I have to pass through the export panel everytime instead of just sending it directly to media encoder.

Thanks.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Batch Processing , Render Queue , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does ist make a difference using the Export panel vs. the menu command when exporting to AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered the same issue here; even worse, it exports the same sequence as the "old" sequence.

Must be some sort of cache or memory issue, since Media Encoder is remembering the "old" sequence despite actually trying to export an updates sequence.

I exported directly from Premiere instead, but I'd guess some sort of cache or media cleaning may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to repro in Premiere Pro & Adobe Media Encoder 24.1 unsing the Export Panel. What system are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding on to this – If you do use the export panel it won't retain the preset you've been using in ME it will switch it to match source creating another additional step.  So either way it adds multiple unnecessary steps that can be rather time-consuming when doing multiple batch exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're saying this happens when you don't use the export panel.  It happens for me when I drag and drop to ME (the fastest/easiest workflow).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have enoutered the same thing on one of my preimire projects when i export to media encoder... i have multiple (12) sequences that i have to export. easier to export all at the same time.  every month or so i have to update the sequences(i dupicate rename and then start updating with new content)  when done i export. and everytime i send to media encoder it keeps the ordiginal sequence name from the first time. i have also tried to save the primire file as a new name. as well as saving a copy then delteing the old sequences. but for some reaseon the old sequence name still holds. just very anoying. the problem has occered everytime in media encoder 23 and 24. its only this one primire file to. all my other projects seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows, Premiere/AME versions 23.5

Just something similar happen again; here are things I did.
I had a sequence A, duplicated it for a different frame sizing, Sequence B
Had to also edit some Dynamic Linked AEP clips for reframing.

Dragged and dropped new AEP files into project.

Replaced from Bin in Sequence B.

Dragged both to AME.  In Premiere, everything is correct.

Upon exporting from AME, Sequence B was using the same AEP files from Sequence A.

Re-exported from Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution. The issue arises when sending to export from the Edit page, but if you go to the Export page and click "Send to Media Encoder" (button next to the Export button), it will send it to Media Encoder while retaining the name of the sequence. It's an extra step, but you will be able to export multiple files and avoid changing the name for every single sequence or exporting one by one using the Export Page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue, its hopefully something they'll fix in an upcoming update. We version our sequences up (v02, v03, v04) and then if I send v04 to Media Encoder it tries to overwrite v02's file - extremely annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is still happening as of today when I updated to 24.3. It also happened through all the previous versions that passed since my initial post. 

The workaround marked as the "correct answer" still works.

Win 11, Intel i7 11gen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate using my mouse to go click the button in the corner so I was able to fix this. When you load up the export page the key command control shift tab will move the highlighted default from the export button to the "send to media encoder button". So If you reprogram your muscle memory you can hit command m then control shift tab and then enter and it will send the render over to media encoder probably faster then you could move the mouse to the corner to manually click the button yourself.

I went a step further and used better touch tool on mac which lets you automate marcros. I took the "Send to media encoder" key command out of premiere seeing as it doesn't work and added a macro into better touch tool with the same key command. It will hit command m, then it will wait for the export window to load and then it will automatically hit control shift tab and then enter for me and it all happens in less then one second overall making just about as fast as the initial key command we all liked was.

If you're on windows autohotkey could do this as well and if you hate paying for apps I think the mac os app autmator or perhaps even shortcuts could do this but I love better touch tools interface so that's the route I went. Hopefully this is useful to someone out there who hates using the mouse and loves saving time as much as me. If anyone has any questions about this let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tricks. Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 24.4.1 today.

The bug still exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use that workflow, and decided to check this out with a very limited test. I am not looking at whether the sequence content is affected.

PR 24.4.1, Win 10. In AME, import sequences natively is on.

Duplicate sequence, save project. From timeline, Alt+Shft+M. AME opens, file name is the original name of the duplicated sequence.

Beta 24.6.0.16

Same process; the filename correctly shows the duplicate.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate