• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder uses old (cached) scenes and messes up my render

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im working on a video in After Effects made from multiple assets (including other videos). One of these assets needed to be replaced, so i replaced the original file with the new one. When i try to export the newest version of my video, it will include the old assets that i have already replaced long ago. I have tried all of these things to get Media Encoder to export the right version:

- Save the project before exporting

- Close and reopen AE before exporting

- Replace the asset again

- Import a second copy of the asset and rebuild it (same position etc.) as it should look and delete the other version.
- Clear and purge everything that can be cleared/purged in After Effects and Media Encoder

- Export without that asset enabled and later do another export with the asset enabled

- Many more things

It didnt matter what i did, the part of the video with the replaced accet ALWAYS showed up as the old version. 

The obvious thing that worked in the end was to go to the folder of the asset and change its file name, then import it into AE again and manipulate it in the way i wanted. This is absolutely unacceptable!

I almost send this to a client. This can destroy carrers because there is no info, no warning, no error, no notification... there is not even an option to turn off this forced use of cached data. And you cant even clear that chache? Who even greenlit this in the first place?

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Batch Processing , Render Queue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Hi @NitroDesign,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I've just tested this workflow (using footage in an AE comp being sent to the AME, and then replacing the source footage using the Project panel after rendering it once) and the footage was updated in the resulting render out of AME. Would you be able to provide more detailed steps as to how you are sending the comp to AME and how you are replacing the footage? Also, what OS version are you using?

@NAVAs23064122zb2p Would you also be able to

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is true, this need to be fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinging our friends over at After Effectsā€¦

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NitroDesign,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I've just tested this workflow (using footage in an AE comp being sent to the AME, and then replacing the source footage using the Project panel after rendering it once) and the footage was updated in the resulting render out of AME. Would you be able to provide more detailed steps as to how you are sending the comp to AME and how you are replacing the footage? Also, what OS version are you using?

@NAVAs23064122zb2p Would you also be able to provide detailed steps and OS version? Perhaps we'll be able to see something you both share in common.

Thanks for any further information,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Here is a simplified way of recreating this problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fv1h2afhylcdlh7mxp7l7/Screen-Recording.mp4?rlkey=4mcpx640kypbgqt2epf9...

This time i was able to resolve it by clearing caches in AE and ME and close/reopen ME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue exporting from Premiere.  I often need to create slightly different versions of spots for different client needs and media encoder is great for exporting these kind of batches...except for the fact that it often encodes older cached versions, NOT the version I sent fromt the timeline.  ME used to be rock solid and reliable.  Now, not so much.  My only reliable solution is to export individual versions one at a time from the timeline which works fine, but defeats the purpose of having ME.  Is this a bug that can be worked out?  Sure hope so.

Votes

Translate

Translate