• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder 14.2 is now available!

May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, we're releasing Adobe Media Encoder 14.2 which is available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. Key features include import support of ProRes RAW footage and hardware-accelerated encoding for NVIDIA and AMD GPUs on Windows. To learn more, visit https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/whats-new.html

To update Media Encoder, open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click Update.

AME .png

What should I do if I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Download and install , Formats , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a documentation which settings allow hardware encoding? On all of my presets there is still standing Software Encoding in the Output Summary Part of Media Encoder. I didn´t find any Adob epresets either in h264 or h265 which state hardware encoding.

Windows 10, Titan X Pascal, 442.92 Studio Driver (Cuda 10.2.161)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flokohlert,

When you say it's still on Software Encoding, do you mean to say that the option is greyed out? Can you post a screenshot of the Video > Encoding Settings > Performance drop-down from your Export Settings window?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flokohlert_1-1589909586601.pngflokohlert_2-1589909610606.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshots, flokohlert.

Is Hardware Encoding available if you try to export directly from Premiere Pro?

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flokohlert,

Are you getting CUDA option for Renderer under Project settings> General in Premiere and Queue in AME . Please also perform a clean installation of Nvidia Drivers.

Regards

Abhishek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have premiere installed on this machine. It's basically only transcoding watchfolders all day long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with AME as well did you see Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) at bottom of Queue panel. or this option is disabled ?

Also check if "Hardware accelerated Encoding and decoding" option is enable under Edit> Prefrences > Media

And also check the verion with following setps 

• Open Device Manger 
  • expand Display Adapters 
  • Right click on Nvidia Display card and choose update driver
  • On Update Drivers choose the second option Browse My Computer for Driver Software 
  • On Next screen choose the second Option Let me Pick from a list of Available drivers on My Computer
  • This screen will display the list of availble drivers share a screen shot of the page or share a windows step recorder recording. 

Regards

Abhishek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flokohlert_0-1590051603221.pngflokohlert_1-1590051653202.png

flokohlert_0-1590051829208.png

This machine is headless, maybe this is a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flokohlert,

i have asked some information via PM .

Regards

Abhishek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We now have a Displayport dongle, which solved other issues as well. And now it seems to work. But I would still be very interested in a guide which settings allow hw acceleration and which are only available to software encoding.

Thanks for your effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  If I export directly from Premiere the hardware encode option is there, but if I take the same sequence and try to export out of media encoder, its greyed out and only software encode is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for your issue, Steve-Omni.

If it's working fine in Premiere Pro but not in AME, go to AME preferences > General and toggle Import sequences natively under the Premiere Pro section.

Let us know if that helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the oposite issue, Media Encoder has the OpenCL option enabled, but Premiere does not, any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

so I've been testing out the new encoder but I don't see any GPU usage no matter what setting or codec I choose - CUDA, Open GL, Software, H.264, H.265...

I'm getting faster encodings directly from Premiere but my main app is After Effects so i'm dependant on Encoder.

I have i9-9900K with two RTX 2070 GPUs and 32Gb of RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any of Adobe staff comment on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sasha dal Ponte,

The new encoding benefits are more in-line with Premiere Pro and Media Encoder rather than After Effects. I'm sorry to say that you might not be able to see equal gains on the AE side.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying that when encoding in Encoder, it only benefits when sending Premiere projects to it, not AFter Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to get both Premiere and Encoder back to 14.1. They hang when trying to export. I haven't tried yet with After Effects or another app but I believe I will have to do the same.

My Laptop specs are:

Dell Inspiron 7786,

Intel Core i7-8565U CPU,

32GB RAM, SSD (M2) Hard Drive

(1st GPU Intel UHD Graphics 620, 2nd GPU NVIDIA GeForce MX150).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jose_suero,

We have identified the issue and have a possible fix in latest beta build. We request to try it out latest Beta build of Premiere Pro or Adobe Media Encoder.
You can access latest Beta build from Creative Cloud App > Beta Apps.

Please let us know whether it works or not.

Regards

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm seeing version 14.3 available. When I was to update I received this post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2399884). So, after finishing several projects I'll try to see what happens with my hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that after the encoding is done it takes several minutes before it finalizes and you close Media encoder?   That's what happens to me...Takes about 3 or 4 minutes to encode a 3 minute video than the application hangs for about 5 minutes before the job is "done".   

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gutterfish, sorry for this delayed response.

I didn't see the encoding starting at all. Yet the CPU is being used at 99% but tired to wait I just kill the process.

After reverting back to version 14.1 it encodes as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to the form, so I appologize if this is the wrong place, but I am getting too-good-to-be-true encode times with H265 hardware encoding.  It was going to take 40 minutes to encode with the CPU (4790K), but only took 45second on the GPU (GTX 970).  Can we confirm that this is infact H265, or is this simply NVenc (which from my reaserch is more of a more effecient H264 encoder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

The new tech that was introduced in Premiere Pro 14.2 is based on NVENC for NVIDIA GPUs and VCE/VCN for AMD GPUs.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines