• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Log In to Publish to Vimeo

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Media Encoder, when I'm attempting to configure a preset to automatically publish to Vimeo upon encode, I click on the button to "login," and the web page that loads seems to lack formatting.  If I scroll down to find the login fields, and attempt to log in regardless, I receive an error that my form session expired, despite that I just opened the window.  I've had this problem on another computer with a different version of the application.  I'm currently on a 2016 Mac Pro OSX 10.11.6.  AME v 2017.1, build 11.1.0.107.  Any thoughts on what could be wrong?  Thanks!Screenshot 2017-05-07 11.40.56.pngScreenshot 2017-05-07 11.41.13.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

I logged in to Vimeo.com, went to Account Settings / Connected Apps and disconnected Adobe Media Encoder CC. Then I went to the AME and in the settings for the next video that I wanted to publish I first logged out of Vimeo and then logged back in again. I was asked to grant permissions for AME and accepted that. That fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to have been now fixed by Vimeo on their side. Could you try the login again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply!  However, I'm still experiencing the same problem.  Is there anything else you can think of that I need to check on my end?  For me, the problem began when I updated to the most recent version of Media Encoder, but that could be total happenstance.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. It is still broken for you and others (while it works for me). We are working on getting it fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still exists in v 2017.1, build 11.1.0.170.  It's a major breakdown in my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now fixed by Vimeo. Please give it another try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can now log in to Vimeo through the AME interface.  However, AME failed to upload the completed file.  I tried twice with the same failed result. I am able to upload directly to Vimeo through a browser session.

----------------

05/10/2017 03:46:36 PM : Vimeo(The Vimeo server failed to respond during upload.  Please check your network connection.) - The Vimeo server failed to respond during upload.  Please check your network connection.

05/10/2017 03:48:24 PM : Vimeo(The Vimeo server failed to respond during upload.  Please check your network connection.) - The Vimeo server failed to respond during upload.  Please check your network connection.

--------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for giving it a try and sorry that it is still not working for you. To help understand this issue, how fast of an Internet connection do you have? can you try with a different network and see if you have better luck with the upload on a different network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pcs-speed.jpg

Sorry, this is the only network I have access to for AME.

I restarted and tried again this morning. Still no upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the upload error.  It encodes properly, but then fails to upload, or upload properly in some cases.  We have

05/xx/2017 06:45:58 PM : Vimeo(Upload succeeded but clip metadata could not be set.) - Upload succeeded but clip metadata could not be set.

05/xx/2017 04:57:24 PM : Vimeo(The Vimeo server failed to respond during upload.  Please check your network connection.) - The Vimeo server failed to respond during upload.  Please check your network connection.

05/xx/2017 11:38:27 AM : Vimeo(The network is not accessible, or the Vimeo server is not responding.  Please check your network connection.) - The network is not accessible, or the Vimeo server is not responding.  Please check your network connection.

Speed is not an issue...

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 12.14.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I've deleted my last comment about being resolved.  I'm having the same problem as mentioned here already now that I actually tried to upload.  My error is as follows:

"05/11/2017 11:30:02 AM : Vimeo(The Vimeo server failed to respond during upload.  Please check your network connection.) - The Vimeo server failed to respond during upload.  Please check your network connection."

Speed is also not an issue for me.  I'll keep watching for a resolution.  Thanks again, all!Screenshot 2017-05-11 11.32.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional info. It is quite possible that Vimeo servers are overloaded or they are slow to respond but our app is not factoring in that condition and our app times out. So you could have a real fast connection but still fail as you all have reported here. We will work with Vimeo and make publish to Vimeo feature more reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, pshankar!

I wondered if we had any more information on this problem.  While I understand that there are times Vimeo servers could be overloaded, I don't think they've been consistently overloaded the last 3 days.  Also, I'm still able to upload quickly using their web site.  So, I thought I'd see if you guys have any more thoughts on it?  Thanks again for any help you can offer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I hope Vimeo and Adobe fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to compress and upload a file to Vimeo this morning using Media Encoder.  I'm guessing they finally worked out the bugs.  I'll keep an eye on it, and if it maintains, I'll mark this post "answered".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged in to Vimeo.com, went to Account Settings / Connected Apps and disconnected Adobe Media Encoder CC. Then I went to the AME and in the settings for the next video that I wanted to publish I first logged out of Vimeo and then logged back in again. I was asked to grant permissions for AME and accepted that. That fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working for me now as well. Once last night and then again this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working for me today. Everything seems to be back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this problem has arisen again. It was working for me on another machine recently, and I love the feature. But it will not work on my Mac Pro now. Tried disconnecting it in Vimeo, logged out of vimeo, but every time I try to sign in, it gives me the regular vimeo sign in window, but it doesn;t accept my credentials. No error or anything, just goes back to tmain page again, and I'm not logged in. ANyone else having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed - not working for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I'm not able to log in. Or, actually, I log in successfully but I'm taken to a Vimeo page that shows me not logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A similar thread in the Premiere Pro forum. Both are from 2017, and recurrence of same (or different source?) problem in the past month or two. All was fine, until I logged out to test - and have not been able to log in again since. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/can-t-log-into-vimeo-upload-directly-to-vimeo-from-premi...

Logged a bug. Upvote here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder/suggestions/40445803-vimeo-cannot-conn...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines