Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New update of Media Encoder won't open

Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CC,

I installed updates to various apps in my creative cloud this morning. Media Encoder CC refuses to open. I have uninstalled and re-installed 3 times according to instructions in the forums. Adobe Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue.

Can you tell me if there are problems with this installer? I have to explain this to my employer.

Thanks - Pete

High Sierra 10.13.4

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

I had the exact same problem. This worked for me:

Inside the "Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder" folder, delete (or move to the desktop) the folder named "12.0".

(/Users/USERNAME/Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0)

The files inside are preventing Media encoder from launching. Next time you launch Media Encoder it should work correctly and this folder and files will be recreated with functioning versions.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue (OSX High Sierra 10.3.3). I tried deleting the ~/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder folder and relaunching. This did not fix the issue. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling + restarting multiple times.

AMEError.jpg

Can someone please help us resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, but using macOS High Sierra 10.13.4... I used the Adobe Creative Cloud menubar item to install a previous version of Media Encoder (drop down next to UPDATE, then select OTHER VERSIONS) fixed my problem.

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 11.04.53 AM.png

Also couldnt open Premier Pro CC and did the same maneuver and fixed that problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major issue that was obviously overlooked by Adobe before release. I have installed the latest AME version on four separate macs -- all of them have the same problem.

Mac Pro (2013) - (OSX High Sierra 10.3.3) - SAME ISSUE

iMac (2014) - (OSX High Sierra 10.3.3) - SAME ISSUE

Mac Pro (2012) - (OSX Sierra 10.12.6) - SAME ISSUE

MacBook Pro (2012) - (OSX Sierra 10.12.6) - SAME ISSUE

If anyone hears of a solution, will you please post it here? The temporary fix is to install a previous version, but Adobe shouldn't be releasing broken updates. I spent a considerable amount of time yesterday trying to figure out a workaround and none of us should have to "fix" an application we're paying for after an update.

Thanks, Everyone.

Adobe Media Encoder (AME)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt for testing on variety of Macs. That is good to know it is not just my machine type. For shared workflow I have to have all my machines running the same edition of the software. I reloaded the older versions of Media Encoder, Premiere Pro and AfterEffects to keep my business in action.

Adobe could send update advise notifications when our subscription is paid each month. That would know the history of our machines so we could avoid this sort of 'car-crash'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too on my older Mac Pro.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Encoder and Premiere and no luck. Still no answer to this? I tried going back to Encoder 2017 but my latest version of Premiere won't export to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem. This worked for me:

Inside the "Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder" folder, delete (or move to the desktop) the folder named "12.0".

(/Users/USERNAME/Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0)

The files inside are preventing Media encoder from launching. Next time you launch Media Encoder it should work correctly and this folder and files will be recreated with functioning versions.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbs up!!!! This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is Library/Caches/Adobe..etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I delete the folder it “regenerates” when I try to open AME. Is there something else I need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for my imac pro, removing the 12.0 file didn't work but after uninstalling 14.9 version thru creative cloud, it opened (ver 15.1)

hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me:

Minimize all the windows or tabs which are open -> Click blank on the desktop screen once and then you will see the Go option on top near Apple icon -> Click on Go option and then select the option of Go to folders -> a box will open, type /Library in the box and enter -> go to application support folder -> go to Adobe folder -> common -> plug-in -> 7.0 -> here you will see folder named media core, please move this folder out of this location to desktop.

Please close the application, click on Go option and then select the option of Go to folders -> a box will open, type ~/Library in the box and enter (earlier one was /Library) -> go to preferences folders > here rename the Adobe folder as Adobe.old. 

In this same list (where the preferences folder is) you will see the folder named Application support, please enter this folder -> go to Adobe folder -> go to common folder -> Rename as common.old. 

Please close this window -> click blank on the desktop -> click on that Go option and then go to documents -> go to Adobe folder -> there you will see the Media encoder folder, please rename this folder to Media encoder.old.

Now please try to launch the application and wait for sometime to application to load.

Import your presets in the program itself if you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this post, it also worked for me as well.  My Media Encoder stopped working when i installed Big Sir but this fixed the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This has been so frustrating. Media Encoder was getting stuck on "Loading Importerquicktime.bundle" and would never open. This fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - this only worked for one open for me. After I quit and tried to reopen the next day, no luck. No idea why Media Encoder is doing this to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting the folder 22.0 in Adobe Media Encoder folder and i tried uninstalling AME from Creative Cloud and reinstalling it. STILL NOT WORKING! ADOBE get your act together!!! on their Discussion page they said AME v 22.1.1 is out now and it fixes it. but there is no download button for it. so uninstalling AME in Creative Cloud and reinstalling it should have done the trick. NOPE.

here is their link if you are interested in wasting more of  your time with adobe bulls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem with media encoder 2022, tried all of these workarounds and still won't open!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this same problem. Creative Cloud is becoming increasingly problematic. Everything takes ages to load, requires tons of bug fixing just to run apps. I just want to web optimise a video. It should take 2 minutes but I've been messing about for an hour now. The library paths mentioned on this thread don't exist on my Windows PC. I'm paying over £600 a year for this crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide more details. What are your specs (OS, CPU, GPU, memory)? Which version of AME are you using? Do you have AntiVirus or security software installed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines