• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to Media Encoder 22.4 , now I cannot "interpret footage" (120fps proxy workflow)

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my subject line says, I updated to 22.4 and now I do not have the option to "Interpret Footage" (it's greyed out) after I send my footage from Premiere Pro to Media Encoder. If you aren't familiar with the 120FPS workaround, I interpret 120fps footage to 23.976 in PP and in ME so I avoid the 60fps issue. I have now downgraded to (22.3.1) until there is a solution. Really hurts my workflow.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Hi all, 

Instead of fixing the broken workaround, we are fixing the reason the workaround was needed in the first place. 

Specifically, in the next version of Premiere, if you use Interpret Footage to change frame rate, then create proxies, Media Encoder will create proxies at the correct frame rate.

The next version of Premiere will be available before the end of August. Before then, using the Speed/Duration option on the media can also be used to change the frame rate for creating a slow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Just downloaded the update yesterday and the fix seems to be working great. Thanks @Fergus H 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. V22.5 says up to date..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fergus,

there is no new version of PPr available. It's really frustrating. When starts the roll out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! However, I'm not seeing an update in my Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can u see it Zach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortantely, I cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the update yesterday and the fix seems to be working great. Thanks @Fergus H 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option to update Priemere currently. I'm stuck on 22.5.0 with no option to update in Adobe Cloud. How are people getting this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Via Creative Cloud desktop app. Sometimes it helps restart your computer to trigger the updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the desktop app (Mac), stil not there. I spoke with Adobe tech support today and they mentioned 22.6 has been released in beta to select users, with the main patch being relased to the genreal public the end of September. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac, in Europe, and have the 26.x updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

The new version of Premiere and Media Encoder has indeed fixed the framerate issue, and you can just create proxies without any workaround - great 🙂

Is anyone else finding Media Encoder now totally chokes their CPU when encoding? I'm encoding using Mecury with a Vega II so the system should be fairly free, but it seems to be totally killing my RAM and CPU

Can anyone else let me know if they are experiencing this?

Mac Pro 2019, latest OS, latest Premiere and Media Encoder 22.6

Cheers

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be when you create a large batch of proxies. If I try to do all my rushes, the CPU goes nuts, if I go folder by folder, it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone experiencing an issue similar to this?

Media Encoder is barely useable for creating proxies for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please put a cheat sheet in this sthread for the percentages you need to put in for speeding up / down the footages ? or am i missing the point and that doesn't need to be done anymore ? 

any video tuts on the new workflow with this new update ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to slow down your footage manually anymore, once you have your footage in your project, select all -> right click -> modify -> interpret footage -> and set the frame rate to whatever your main footage frame rate is (e.g. 25fps)

all of your 50fps (x2 slowmotion) 100fps (x4 slowmotion) or 200fps (x8 slowmotion) footage will now playback in slow-motion at 25fps.

If your sequence is set to 24fps and your main footage is 24fps, shoot slow-motion at 60 and 120fps, as they are mathematically compatible (e.g. 24 x 2.5 = 60)

Once you've interpret your footage, right click all clips -> create proxies.

your proxies will now also playback at 25 slow motion 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Fergus H 

Hey Fergus, I am not seeing this process work in the way you describe it. I have interpreted PP footage from 120 to 23.976 fps, and then, in Premiere, I select all of that footage and hope to create proxies for it in ME. When ME opens up, all of the files are registering as 120 fps still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines