• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to Media Encoder 22.4 , now I cannot "interpret footage" (120fps proxy workflow)

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my subject line says, I updated to 22.4 and now I do not have the option to "Interpret Footage" (it's greyed out) after I send my footage from Premiere Pro to Media Encoder. If you aren't familiar with the 120FPS workaround, I interpret 120fps footage to 23.976 in PP and in ME so I avoid the 60fps issue. I have now downgraded to (22.3.1) until there is a solution. Really hurts my workflow.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Hi all, 

Instead of fixing the broken workaround, we are fixing the reason the workaround was needed in the first place. 

Specifically, in the next version of Premiere, if you use Interpret Footage to change frame rate, then create proxies, Media Encoder will create proxies at the correct frame rate.

The next version of Premiere will be available before the end of August. Before then, using the Speed/Duration option on the media can also be used to change the frame rate for creating a slow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Just downloaded the update yesterday and the fix seems to be working great. Thanks @Fergus H 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I just updated ME and it's now back encoding the Proxy at 100fps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Fergus,

When is the new Update coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I said earlier: "The next version of Premiere will be available before the end of August."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Fergus, So I see there is a new version but we still cannot get it, are we days or hours away, man I need this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's September the 2nd. Are we close now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 3rd now Fergus, where's that update you spoke of??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Fergus,

Please can you also fix all the options with ingest setting for the proxies, alot of people create low res Pro Res from H.264 original source footage. alot of deliverables these days require vertical shot footage and even though the camera can tell if you are shooting vertical the proxies cannot.  Having a much wider choice of ingest presets would solve alot of problems especially with vertical 60/120fps for example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would encourage you to make that feature request in the new Ideas section of this forum. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fergus, It still doesn't work. I've tried to work around with your idea and it still grayed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is in the latest beta and will ship in the next version of Premiere Pro. Check out the message that's marked as the answer in this thread. In short, you will no longer have to use the Interpret Footage option in Media Encoder, as if you make a framerate change in Premiere Pro via Interpret Footage, your proxies will match that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the adobe media encoder 22.6 where it's supposed to fix this issue but I'm still having it encode in the native frame rate (60p) rather than my interpreted frame rate in Premiere (interpetted to 24p).  So when I toggle proxies it's still out of sync.  Also interpet in AME is still grayed out.  I used to just interpet in both Premiere and AME when I made proxies.  I checked Creative cloud and everything is up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.6 of both Media Encoder and Premiere Pro are required for this to be fixed. Premiere Pro v22.6 is not yet available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay seems like Adobe would release them both at once.  I will be waiting. thank you for the reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fergus H Will the updated versions of Media Encorder and Premiere Pro also correct the existing problem with LUTs being applied to Sony FX6 MXF files being shot in sLog3? Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about when making proxies from those files? Or some other issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to the issue where the MXF files from Sony FX6 cameras shot in sLog are having a LUT placed on them in Premiere and in Media Encoder. We run our MXF files through Media Encoder to encode to ProRes, but that bakes the LUT into the file. The MXF file, when natively brought into Premiere, can be reverted to the Rec 709 color space using Interpret Footage, but that's not an option available in Media Encoder and with the LUT being applied, the footage looks horrible and blown out. We have a Sony FS7 and this is not an issue, so I'm not sure what the difference is between the two camera files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that issue is fixed in v22.6. Premiere will send the Interpret Footage settings to Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can we download 22.6? It's still n/a all other apps updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. When is 22.6 available? The internet is telling me it's available now, but it's not showing as available to me in my downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's another issue Fergus, since Premiere 2022.

when you import Sony FX6 or FX9 rushes shot in Slog3 Premiere doesn't recognise them as this and applies a weird blown out Rec709 colour space.

You have to manually select - interrupter footage - and tell Premiere it's Rec709 colourspace (though it's not, it's Log) and then you can apply a LUT

This issue has been around for quite a few versions now, and needs fixing. If you could formally log it and do the same good work you did for this Proxy issue and get the fix into 22.7 that would be amazing

thanks for your help

cheers

rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you for confirming. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fergus H,

Just wanted to check on the status of this Premiere update? (I've got a project which needs lots of these proxies made, so I've been holding off until the end of August update you mentioned to make things easy on me.)

Let me know, thanks!

Zach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zach, 

The new version of Premiere Pro, v22.6.1is now available. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where Fergus? why isn't my Creative Cloud showing an available update then? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate this is getting very ridiculous, you are an Adobe Employee telling us there is a new version available yet there is still not? Where is this new version and when will it be available??????? Can you please update us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines