Highlighted

How can I change the name associated with a recipient's email address?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a draft document where I put in a recipient's email. On the page where I drag and drop signature blocks, that email address is listed as a person's name who used to be in control of the email account but no longer is. How can I change the name that shows up when I put in that email address?

(In normal emails, the actual email address' "name" is a program name - so if they sent someone a normal email the sender's name would be the program name, not the person's name who is showing up in adobe sign. So the problem isn't on the end of the actual email address.)

You can't change it on your end. The signer needs to simply sign it with the new name.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I change the name associated with a recipient's email address?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a draft document where I put in a recipient's email. On the page where I drag and drop signature blocks, that email address is listed as a person's name who used to be in control of the email account but no longer is. How can I change the name that shows up when I put in that email address?

(In normal emails, the actual email address' "name" is a program name - so if they sent someone a normal email the sender's name would be the program name, not the person's name who is showing up in adobe sign. So the problem isn't on the end of the actual email address.)

You can't change it on your end. The signer needs to simply sign it with the new name.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very inconvenient way to keep a database of recipient emails.  I'm not very happy with this service.  I will be changing when my contract is up unless some major updates are done to make it more user friendly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let us know if this issue has been solved? Or is the outcome the same?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem -

it is a totally different - irrelevent name on the recipient email address - it is wrong. How Do I change it.??? This wrong name appears on the 2nd page as I set fields, their email address is at the top right corner, but somehow a totally wrong name appears there - I dont even recognize it. Need to change it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I don't remember what happened with the account setup...maybe the account was originally under my email and name, then under Person A's name and email...but now it is under Person B's name, and my email address is associated with Person A's name, and she is a former coworker, so everyone who I send stuff to (under Person B's name and email) with my email copied or as a signer, gets confused and wonders why Person A was copied on the document when in reality it is me and I am supposed to be copied on it but Person A doesn't even work here anymore!

It makes it really awkward and just shouldn't be. And I have no idea how to change it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bmp890, If you are using a business or enterprise account you need to contact the person(s) who have administrative control of the accounts to straighten out the names associated with the emails on the account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it stil the case that I can't change the name associated with an email address?  This is very problematic because the incorrect name associated with the email address is also being automatically added to the signature block by AdobeSign when the person signs the document.  I have no idea how the incorrect name became associated with the email address in the first place.  I didn't do it.  Please help!  Is there some other way for the person to sign without the incorrect name being tied to their signature block? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines