• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to cancel Adobe Sign Agreement?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently uploaded and sent a documents for signature. The form has some errors in it and I want to cancel it. I am one of the signers and the document was sent to me as the first signor. However, as there are errors, I want to cancel, but the option to cancel does not exist. Only "decline" to sign which will notify the other signors. I would prefer to quietly terminate the document and reissue it.

Please tell me how I can do this.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms , Manage documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Hi bryanshort-mft,

Sorry for the delay response.

As you have made yourself the first signer, you will only get the option to decline the form.

Once you decline it, it will get cancel and then you can reissue the new document for signing.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Hi Tim253405716h0o,

Thank you for reaching out.

There is no option to cancel the agreement once it is signed and filed. For more information on canceling a contract, refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-cancel-agreement.html

You may share your suggestion with the team via the following page: https://adobesign.uservoice.com/forums/21617-acrobat-sign-general

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the creator of the agreement can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I am the creator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an enterprise account, I can select the sent PDF file in the manage tab, the a cancel button will be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand how cancel normally works. It works on my account in other situations as well. However, in this particular instance, no cancel button appears, only “decline”.

Bryan Short

202-888-2107

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bryanshort-mft,

Sorry for the delay response.

As you have made yourself the first signer, you will only get the option to decline the form.

Once you decline it, it will get cancel and then you can reissue the new document for signing.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up an agreement for signatures and one of the delegators accidentally "declined" to sign and this seems to cancel the entire agreement's signature process-is there a way around this so we dont have to reissue agreements for signatures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent out agreements "contracts"

to various vendors with 2016 pricing. The agreement was to be signed by the vendor and countersigned by my company. This signing/countersigning has occurred...now the vendor has changed their mind and wants the contract withdrawn. How do I cancel the agreement and send notification of such to the vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arpin,

You can go to Manage tab and cancel the transaction from there and provide a reason for it.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like further clarification. This does not address how to cancel it AFTER the agreement has been signed. The option to "Cancel" changes to "Delete" after it's been signed, so I cannot tell if it's the same action.

The description given for deleting an agreement states, "When you delete an agreement, it will be  moved into the Cancelled/Decline section. Why Delete? Perhaps your Adobe Sign account is getting crowded and you want to remove old documents. To remove an agreement from your account complete, you can delete and then hide it."

I just want to make sure deleting is the same as cancelling. I need to cancel an agreement, not just delete it because it's getting crowded and I need to remove old documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ashibek,

I too would like to be able to cancel an agreement that has been finalised and have the same issue as Janet below.

I'm using Adobe Sign - the manage tab and completed agreements does not grant a possibility for cancelling a completed agreement.

Kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Please assist Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support is there a resolution as I need to cancel a contact that was signed by someone not authorized to sign on behalf of the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue and have researched and found nothing. Adobe support - please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continued to do research via both adobe sign and docusign and found that you cannot void contracts.  What we had to do was print the contract, mark void on all pages in writing with date and reason for voiding the contract.  Print the email proof, scan everything (voided contract + email back-up) and email everything to all parties. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue.  How does one cancel an agreement that has been signed by both parties?  Can someone from Adobe please give us a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. We need a way to cancel/void an agreement after it has been signed by one or all parties. These things happen all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim253405716h0o,

Thank you for reaching out.

There is no option to cancel the agreement once it is signed and filed. For more information on canceling a contract, refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-cancel-agreement.html

You may share your suggestion with the team via the following page: https://adobesign.uservoice.com/forums/21617-acrobat-sign-general

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having a way to cancel a signed agreement is a HUGE impediment to our business.  Sometimes people sign and have not paid - therefore the agreement becomes defunct.   Sometimes people have personal circumstances where they are unable to uphold the agreement and we mutually agree to cancel it.  These things happen a lot in a large company.  We need a way to deal with this outside of a whole bunch of printing and writing and the scanning and forwarding to the individual.  If it is easy to sign it should also have a provision to cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree. That’s exactly what I had happen and didn’t have a good way to cancel the contract.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently needed to void a contract due to some of the terms changing. What I did was add a watermark across document that said "VOID" then put a smaller water mark note under it stating why it was voided along with a date and my initials. I added this page to the new contract so there will be a record of it when the new contract is signed through the Adobe Sign system. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I cancel or void a signed agreement?  I sent an agreement to a customer, and the deal fell through so I need to void the contract.  It's easy to cancel one that hasn't been signed, but this option doesn't show up for a completed agreement.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever receive a response to your question re cancelling a signed agreement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not. But I don't think it's possible.

--
Warm regards,
Sue
407-733-0296
www.bellanivacations.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good question and I'm looking for an answer to this too. 

I tried downloading the signed document so I can add "CANCEL" stamp on the document but it won't allow me to because it's encrypted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines