• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's only cloud documents. If the person sends the specific file itself it works perfectly fine. As I mentioned, it also works perfectly fine to download the file via the web-portal and open it, it just doesn't work via the cloud documents in XD/CC.

I have restarted my pc, reinstalled both XD&CCS, and even tried making new blank cloud documents which cannot be opened either. Have also tried on 2 different computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing the details and trying the steps. It looks like that the Adobe Creative Cloud Sync is not up to date, I'd recommend updating it to the latest version which is  4.3.38.12 by following the steps shared in the above help article shared by Harshika and then sign out and sign in and check again. I understand you have already tried on multiple machines however we have to narrow it down to identify the root cause of the issue. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no update available to me in ACC currently. I get no popup when opening it like the article suggests, and going to help -> check for updates fetches no new update either.

Possibly because I just got a trial version to check it out first?

/Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. We might need to check that at your machine level, would you mind contacting us (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html) through our chat or phone support so that we can take a remote session and check it for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was working on a design project in Adobe XD (saved on cloud). My Mac restarted because of a problem. After that, I see the project listed in cloud doc when I launch XD on Mac, but the doc is not listed in cloud documents in my adobe account when I go online.

When I try to open the doc from my XD app I see the following message:

Sorry, we can’t open this document. Access this document’s history to save a copy of a previous version. (Error 47)

When I click on the link in the message it leads me to an assets link just loading.

Can I do something to recover my project?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the project in XD. We would love to know a few more details in order to investigate about the issue. 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

- I only get the error on the sahred document. The others documents are fine.

- It's only with a spécific file

- I'm working with latest version of Xd (27.0.12.7) and Creative Cloud Core Sync (4.3.24.11)

- I have acces to an older version of the document that I have bookmarked, but when I copy the artboard and create another document for past it. Then I get the same error. It's look like there is an element that corrup the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional information, Tlemaitre. Would you mind sharing the operating system you are working on? Is it Mac or Windows?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that a corrupt component is causing this issue. If it isn't too much trouble, can you try deleting the components one by one to see which of the components could be causing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a design project in Adobe XD. Then power gone off and computer shuts down.

When i reopen file it shows an error with error code 47. All other files are working fine except the one working at the time.

Size of file at the momemt is 0 kb.

Solutions i tried::

1. Getting file from TempState in appdata/local....., there were 2 files in different folders by the name of copy.xd with size 0kb.

Copied them to other drive, they also didn`t work.

It create blank project in the process.

System Details

Windows 10 Vrersion 1607 OS Build 14393.1358

Adobe XD Version: 0.6.28.10 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The file has been probably corrupted during OS shutdown process. We have addressed this issue and the fix will be available in the next versions.

Until then, to recover the original file, explore this folder: "C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\TempState". Look for a NON-empty file, (a file with size 0 KB is empty - it contains no information) named "agc<NNNN>.tmp" (e.g agc15C3.tmp). You could move it to another folder, change its extension to ".xd" (e.g. agc15C3.xd) and try to open it.

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mihai.udvuleanu​ there are few files named copy wtih extension .xd but none with a extension of .tmp. There are exactly 4 copy.xd files in 4 different folders.

I moved them to other drive and tried to open it, they show the same error code 47 and after that in local/packages/adobexd...... folder more copies of the file copy.xd are created. At the moment there are 9 folders with 7 containing copy.xd of file size 0kb. More and more get created when i open copy.xd (after moving it to new drive) from tempstate folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been two years and I just had this happen to me tonight. When is this going to get fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened twice to me in the last month so it doesn't appear to be fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can all users here confirm that the issue happens only when there is a disruption to your computer when working on a project? Or do you see this issue even without something like a power shutdown happening in between?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not me. Sometimes it's just when I open my computer at the beginning of the day. And it just happen today with a cloud document 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I happen to have the same problem. I worked on my project on an older computer in the Adobe Version 27.0.12. A few days later I got a new computer and installed Adobe XD (also V. 27.0.12.) I can not open my recently created files on the new computer but only in the older one. How can I solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was nothing wrong with my computer but still this problem happened to me just today (06.03.2020) and I can't access my work, which is blocking our work in our project !!!
I'm only using Adobe XD because of the Adobe ecosystem but due to many bugs and crashes it's not reliable to still use this software!!
(I was always saving my work locally but now it became a premium feature so all my work is gone !!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this happens without disruption to the computer (latest macOS Catalina in my case). Last time it happened this was the process:

1. Started computer

2. Created new file (locally)

3. Linked it with a cloud file containing components

4. Worked on the new file

5. After about 2 hours I notice Cmd+V doesn't work.

6. I close the file.

7. Try to open the file and get Error code: 47 (which at this point is my biggest obstacle in life)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@erikn74087721 
Starting from step 5. we had exactly the same issue 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hu there,

Sorry for the trouble and for the delay in response. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD and the Operating System.
  2. Will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, please add the file to cloud storage and share the link either here or privately by sending a message directly to me by clicking on my name.
  3. Also please share system logs by following the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply is from three years ago, and we still experience the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find the solution though, I am facing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared in the correct answer in this post and let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishab,
I have tried every sol mentioned here. Mine is neither a cloud file nor I
can extract the prev ver. My win10 mach is i7 processor and handling my 20
Gigs of psd file very well. Of a sudden it gives me an error message 47 on
my 64 mb XD file.

I belv the latest update made it and behind the scenes adobe activity to
make it restricted for the starter plan users. You should look into this
before people dump Adobe for other awesome tools, sketch, Figma to name few.

Cheers
Atin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines