• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on the file when I suddenly saw the blue screen of death.

I no longer have access to the editable file and only have a link from the shared output file. How can I recover that file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am facing following issues with XD.

Ticket number is  ADB-23218774-K6H5

1. Not able to open XD file created in older version of xd to newer version
  2. Can't access new file in last saved time stamp from version control dropdown, evry time it creates new untitled file
  3. All above issues I've already shown my issues to chat support by sharing my screen
  4.  Also tried reinstalling XD and Account login/logout steps
  5. PFB screenshots
  6. Adobe India has worst support, Phone numbers are not reachable.

Capture -1.JPG

Capture-2.jpg

Capture-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this error 

Capture-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. Please try the suggestions shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

As I mentioned this not in adobe  cloud . this is saved locally and in internal cloud.

We have a Enterprise account. Its not poccible to  open in diffeerent machines. There are hundreds of Xd files and all of them are not opening all of a sudden.   But I did try  earlier to open the filee with my personal account on my personal laptop. Now i get the same errors there as well.

Mind you they were all opening fine before in on both  scenarios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like how fast they are in giving solutions to this issue..After months I still have this issue with hundred of projects and no reply from them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue, error 47 but with all my files! I cannot open anything and I have hundreds of documents. Please don't suggest to open them all on another device, since this is close to impossible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have my Adobe Xd files related to lot of our projects locally saved.

when ever I tried to open the files I am getting Error Code :47 as shown in the screen grab below. 

I also have updated my Adobe XD but still I cant seem to open any of the files they are all of a Sudden giving the Error Code 47.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled from the Cloud, and not the corrupt copy on your disk.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Finally a working solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I nXD - Error 47.pngever thought this would work but it did:  By the way, this applies to MACs only.
I discovered the local file had the file permissions set to either "read only" or "no access". Simply changing it to "Read and Write" for all users solved the issue.

Here are the steps:
1. Right click the file and select "Get info"
2. Under "Sharing and Permissions", change the Privilege for each user to "Read and Write"
You'll need to click the "Padlock" icon at the bottom of the window, and enter your cmputer's password to be able to make the change.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure why I can't see an option to edit my last comment. The image seems to be in between the text and I cant correct it. The owners of this platform need to work on adding the option to "edit".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines