• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infinite loop updating libraries in XD 41 and 44 versions

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... think I wrote about it some time ago, but haven't found it. So here goes again... its a time wasting and annoying issue, that prevents to update libraries between XD files, becoming tedious and frustrating to work and keepping updated any design system.

As you can see in the picture, it is what I see regularly after constantly jumping from original component libraries back and forth. Usualy, I've to wait for a while or repeat adjustments to update it into the linked files.

Now this looping prcess is getting more and more often. I log in-log out almost each day fro Adobe CC to avoid the daily issues... but it should to be solved. It's another wasting of time.

Capture.PNG

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Some fixes for handling of CC Libraries were released in v44.1. Please upgrade to this release and let us know your results.

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Hi all,

Here's a workaround solution that we would like you to try in the time this issue is fixed in the product.

• Group, and then ungroup, all elements in the document assets view of the libraries panel
  • If you do not have any custom groups, do the following
    • Give the new group a name
    • Select all assets of a specific type (i.e. all colors, all character styles, or all components)
    • Right click and select “New group from selection”
    • Select all the assets and drag them back to the top-level group
    • Del

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem and thanks for trying, Andrea5C7A.  I have shared my email ID with you over a PM so that you can send the file directly to me. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi riascureman,

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue with me over a private message. I have requested for some more information from you over a PM.

I will make sure to escalate your issue for further investigation.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Here's a workaround solution that we would like you to try in the time this issue is fixed in the product.

• Group, and then ungroup, all elements in the document assets view of the libraries panel
  • If you do not have any custom groups, do the following
    • Give the new group a name
    • Select all assets of a specific type (i.e. all colors, all character styles, or all components)
    • Right click and select “New group from selection”
    • Select all the assets and drag them back to the top-level group
    • Delete the temporary group

This process needs to be repeated for each asset type

• If  you have custom groups – the same process works, but you may need to do it individually for each custom group so that it is easier to get back to their previous structure.

If this solution doesn't work, we will need a local copy of your XD file. Upload your file to a shared space and send the shared link to Harshika Verma who has replied to the other posts in this thread.

Let us know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so the library updating problem is still lingering for me. I eliminated groups of assets and that did not resolve the issue. Is anyone else out there still having this library update problem? If you are, do you have any suggestions for workarounds? I am now just building everything in my library file which is a little messy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem and had it for years. Every time Adobe says it's fixed, turns out it's not haha. I'm giving up. I am essentially unable to update this library through my Windows computer, so I have to log in to a colleague's Mac computer to update my design system every time I need to.

The Windows computer is simply unable to update it, for whatever mysterious reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! That is an added step to an otherwise wonderful idea...

I am actually a Mac user, so I wonder if something else is going on for me!

Good luck to you, and thanks for your message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The describe solution works, only the last created group or symbol may cause issue. In my case i add only to move to root folder the symbols of the componant i was working on this day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another amazing solution is to ungroup all folders and then to undo all those ungroup actions (control Z) to have back all folders, and it works. It has worked for me. In fact i was trying to unfold folder one by one to find the one causing problem, i ended up with ungrouping everything but it was not working, so i revert back. And magic no more infinite publish 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw this after I posted. This is the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

☝️ this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even better—as I've just run into this issue and saw your answer this evening — is just simply removing all the components in a library out of subgroups/subfolders. This seemed to let me "update". Then I've gone back through and begun grouping again, checking that "update" still works... and it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this exact same endless looping pattern of non-updates to the library. I have several folders in my library. I tried ungrouping just one folder and I could SUCCESSFULLY update the library. I did Undo to put my assets back into a folder and was able to do another library update without any issues. Thank you so much for posting this solution. This is such a strange problem and very aggravating. (Running XD v48.0, Mac OS12)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't actually make any sense to me. Is this seriously the official Adobe solution to this problem? If so, I need a proper training video or something more!  prerank28948274

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just hit this issue for the first time. I am in the latest version as of right now (45.1.62.3 x64) on a mac.

There was a document with a component and it was the source. It had the same name that another component in a different document. Without any warning or reason, it became a linked component, so I went ahead to find out where the source was, and then it went into a loop, opening the old document, which then switch to the new document, then back to the old document and so on and so forth. I had to kill XD.

Adobe, could it be that you are using names as a reference rather than GUIDs when doing this? Sounds kind of crazy, but a thought of what could be going on.

I have now opened again the new document, updated the library, and check that component, and still appears as a linked component. And on trying to get to the source to continue working on it, boom! LOOP!

The screen keeps flipping between the two documents. It would be funny if it didn't cause so much lost work. On one of the screen swaps I managed to right-click on the new document's original source (now linked) and choose Unlink. This made XD unresponsive. Killed it and then submitted the report.

Now opening the new document again... the unlinked component has lost it being a component (and because I had a bunch of states, worried work is lost. But one of the instances of the original component sits just next to it. Right clicking it to edit source just created a new source item in the original document (JOY!).

Hope this helps the team to figure out what's going on and fix it. Happy to provide more details over DM if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reproducible at Windows 11
Adobe XD 51.0.12.6

Crearive Cloud Sync 5.14.2.1

Advice to grop/ungroup all components resolves the issue. But it breackes all my sub groups. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eugene.gheruha,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the workaround. I assume that issue has resurfaced, and we'd need to highlight the issue to the team again. Could you please record a video of your workflow? As you mentioned, you can reproduce the issue on your machine.

We would also request you to please share the local copy of your XD file and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message. 

We will try our best to investigate it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @HARSHIKA_VERMA.

Sorry, I was too quick by fixing the issue by grop/ungroup all components 😞

Don't want to revert file to previous versions as I have to update the company public library to try to reproduce it again. Did a try to revert and publish to new CC library - it works fine.

In case I dump into this issue again I'll let you know.

Best regards, Eugene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nice article with a sequence for talking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines