• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard not working-can't type anything (input values, text etc.)

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have recently installed Adobe XD for a project but I very quickly realized that the program was not detecting any keyboard input meaning I can't use shortcuts, input numerical values, or add text areas.

I am running on windows 10 up to date, video drivers up to date.

I have the free version of Adobe XD. which is up to date and has no plugins/extensions installed.

The keyboard works in all other applications.

I hope there is a solution to this!

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention i use an AZERT french keyboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep!... same here after latest update over Windows 10. After some time working, c   an't type names nor values. Even a bug, that keeps the default State name appended to the new one I type.

I've to close all XD files and open again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are unable to use the Azert french keyboard with XD. Would you mind telling us the language of XD you are using? Is it in english or french? Please share the screenshot of your about XD info page.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker and I have the same problem. We use Adobe XD in French with an AZERTY keyboard. After some time using Adobe XD, we can't type any text or propertie values, we have to click on another software and come back to XD to be enable to type values and text again. Please help us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a specific keyboard problem. It's a text engine bug that's been going on for at least a couple years for Windows users. The fastest solution, as you have discovered, is to switch to another window (that's not Xd) with Alt+Tab, and back to Xd.

It happens at random, and a definite cause hasn't been found yet. I guess not enough users are experiencing it for it to become a priority...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !
I have the same problem. It's weird that it only happens on Adobe Xd 😞

Very annoying thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About Azerty keyboard, I have a problem with values.

For example, with float values (for duration) when i want to type a value less than a second, the dropdown propose values with "," (in France it is used for float values like 0,4s) but when we want to modify it, it is not accepted.

We have to type a float value with "." like 0.4s (whereas a value with "," is displayed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's mostly software specific. Decimals in programming languages are usually set with "." Same thing goes for Xd. Maybe that's why it makes more sense to present values that way, so they will be just copied like that by developers.

Photoshop uses commas, and so does Illustrator, but not for everything.

P.S. Definitely is annoying if it's showing a comma, but in reality it should be a "." Sounds like a bug should be filed for that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines