• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Copy Paste assets from Illustrator to Adobe XD (27.0.12).

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly Copy Past option from Abode Illustrator to XD stopped working.

Now somehow with your selected assets past all artboards to your XD from Illustrator file and XD file starts responding extremely slow. I've been using XD since it was released, and copy past objects and assets from Illustrator to XD and backwards is like my daily routine that I'm doing constantly. This is the first time when I have such a weird issue. Adobe XD(27.0.12)

https://youtu.be/H84slIDR2Ms 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not suggest me to install the previous XD version, that solution doesn't work me!

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 17.07.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khaledi,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issue with XD and thank you for sharing the video which helped us in understanding the issue. Would you mind sharing the version of your operating system? Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response!

I have macOS Catania 10.15.3

Yes, it happends with all my illustrator files which consist more then one artboards. While I Copy&Past from Illustrator file where there is only one artboard, then everything's works alright as supposed, so I just can paste an object without artboards. In all other situations the selected objects paste with artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response!

I have macOS Catania 10.15.3

Yes, it happends with all my illustrator files which consist more then one artboards. While I Copy&Past from Illustrator file where there is only one artboard, then everything's works alright as supposed, so I just can paste an object without artboards. In all other situations the selected objects paste with artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deard Abode support team and Abode XD developers,

Copy Paste artboards from Illustrator to Adobe XD issue definetly is a bug, with new update (27.1.12) this problem still stays there and wasn't fixed.

Now to be able to copy my designs from illustrator to XD I have create separate .al file and firstly copy to that file and only then from that file to XD - only this option allows me to copy assets to XD without artboards. This solution is like scratching your left ear with your right foot - super inconvenient!!!

When we can expect for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also happens on my PC, Windows 10 with XD 27.0.12.7 and Illustrator 24.1.

In both programs you start a new file, copy and paste works. When in Illustrator I add an artboard then in XD all Illustrator artboards are pasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deard Abode support team and Abode XD developers,

Copy Paste assets from Illustrator to Adobe XD broblem definetly is a bug, with new update (27.1.12) this problem still stays there and wasn't fixed.

When we can expect for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the experience. Would it be possible for you to upload your files to a shared location and share the URL of the location with Harshika over a private message for testing? To send a private message, click the profile name and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just update the XD and this issue continues. In my case, when I copy the elements from XD to Illustrator apear some code, as you can see in the image below. When this issue can be fix?

XD.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble pasting object from XD to Illustrator. I unable to reproduce the issue at my end and is able to paste into Illustrator fine on my windows machine. Would you mind sharing the XD and Illustrator version and the operating system you are using?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

XD version - 28.2.12

Illustrator version - CS6

Operation system - Windows 10

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have XD (28.2.12) and Illustrator (24.1) macOS Catanis 10.15.3

I don't have exactly the same issue while ellements apear as some code, but I notice that sometimes the transparancy and colors are lost while you copy/past them into Illustrator from XD. You can see it in my video bellow. The yellow block was pasted without any problem, but the blue one became a solid black #000000. Also the text on button which was a componenet in XD become black as well, while the original color was ##091B29 with 70% opacity 

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 11.03.56.png

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 11.04.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We would like to know if you are still experiencing the issue with XD 38.1 version. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

So far, so good.

Thanks,

Tiago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy paste not working adobe guys. This issue cost me 1-week of work! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also unable to copy from Illustrator (v 27.2) to XD (v 55.2.12) using Windows 11 (v 22H2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jeremiah5E8E,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble. We are unable to reproduce the issue on our end. We'll do everything possible to look into the situation and assist you. Please share the below information.

• Could you please share the XD file with me over a private message so that we can check?
  • What are you attempting to copy-paste in XD?
  • Does it only affect one particular file, or does it affect all files?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a fix but something that worked here and might speed things up while Adobe fixes these bugs:

Create a new blank AdobeXD file, copy from illustrator, paste into the blank AdobeXD file, copy from the blank AdobeXD File, paste into your real AdobeXD project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe XD is in maintenance mode, so this issue will not be fixed. But glad you have a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines