• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the steps shared on this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/105...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting this error message when I try to open this specific file ( only this file )This is 2 and half month effort. Is there a way to fix this thank you 

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening a specific file. If it's a local file, please try the steps suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/td-p/10... and if that doesn't help, please share the asked info with me over a private message.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Its Local File. And yes I have tried all the things you have mentioned there.

I have sent a PM  can you please check? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a file in Adobe XD, it gives an error (Error code: 86) How to deal with this and what is the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanya,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/105...

If that doesn't help, please share the file with us by adding it to cloud storage and sharing the link either here or you can send a private message by clicking on my name, we'll try our best to help you with that.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have a problem whan i try to opan .xd file unfortunately i face a error 86, and i don't know how to fix error.

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We will need to get this checked from our Engineering team, so could you please confirm if you are getting this error on this specific file or other files as well? Also, please confirm the version of Adobe XD.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. Please guide me what I need to do as the file is very important to me. Also, I'm only getting the this errorfor two of my files and not all of them. I just updated my XD to the last version.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. We have logged a bug for this issue, and the team is investigating it. Can you share your file with me over a private message so that we can send it over to the product team for investigation? Meanwhile, Harshika has shared a few solutions(https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/td-p/10...) that have helped some users. You could check these out to see if any of these help you.

Note: Please add this discussion link in the subject while sharing the file through a private message.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DipuPaul

We haven't heard from you on this. Please update this discussion with the information requested by Rishabh in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I send you a provate message? I tried all different ways and nothing worked :(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an XD file that has quite a lot of work in it. All of a sudden I can't open it. It says, This is not a valid XD document. Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We have logged a bug for this issue, and the team is investigating it. Can you share your file with me over a private message so that we can send it over to the product team for investigation? Meanwhile, Harshika has shared a few solutions that have helped some users. You could check these out to see if any of these help you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/td-p/10...

To send the file, please add it to shared cloud storage and you can share the link either here or you can DM me by clicking on my name. 

Note: While sending a DM, please ensure to add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with XD. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this post and see if the works? 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I am opening a file in Adobe XD, it shows an error (Error code: 86). 

I have tried  most of the available solutions mentioned in the community by opening the file in another machine, also created a new user account on the same machine and tried to reopen, but none of them worked for me yet.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue, as I don't have any backup I will have to rework again. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We have logged a bug for this issue, and the team is investigating it. Can you share your file with me over a private message so that we can send it over to the product team for investigation?

To send the file, please add it to shared cloud storage and you can share the link either here or you can DM me by clicking on my name. 

Note: While sending a DM, please ensure to add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am anable to open XD files due to error no 86. Could you please help me to solve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry that you are facing issue with XD.

This issue is already logged. It will be fixed in future releases. 

I hope this was helpful. If you have any other questions feel free to mention.

Thank you 

Abhishek Das (Adobe XD Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not able to the open file which is crashed i think. The error shows while opening file as "This is not a valid document" (Error code: 86). Please guide how to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls guide me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

when I try to open an xd file from a folder, an error pops up with an 86 error code saying it is not a valid xd document. Just a couple of days ago I was able to easily open the document. 

In similar posts the support team always asked to send them directly the file for closer check, but I am not able to find any contact details.

Could you give me a helping hand please? 

Thank you,

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines