Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo or CTRL+Z not working at XD

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am creating a new project at windows platform. It starts good but after 2 hours later undo option had become disable and ctrl+z is not working .

Any suggestion or help please !

Thanks in Advance

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Comments forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Make sure you have the windows 10 creator update applied to your computer, this solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Hi there,

I understand it could be annoying and sorry for the trouble that you're facing with undo function not working. Here are some steps that may help.

• SaveAs to a new file.
  • Remove any items you added before the copy/paste
  • Make edits to the master component
  • Remove items from the instances you don’t wish to see the edit.

Please let me know if this works for you. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Reinstall the Xd app then it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

我的邮箱是1756306719@qq.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

These days i am facing a weird problem in XD. Working for sometime on any XD file, i am not able to do CTRL+Z (Undo) not happening. I had to restart XD again.

Are you guys also facing this issue. Any solution to solve this issue.

By the way i am using Windows 10.

Thanks

Sampath Kumar Ch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared in this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/undo-or-ctrl-z-not-working-at-xd/m-p/9193689?page=4#M2772

If that doesn't help, please share a few more details like:

1. Are you able to undo in paint application?
  2. Are you able to undo in XD by going to edit in the menu and clicking on Undo?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishab,

My system is up to date updated. Still i am facing the same issue.

1) Yes, i am able to do undo in paint.

2) I dont see any edit or undo option in menu.
Undo-Problem.jpg

Thanks

Sampath Kumar Ch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sampath,

Sorry for the delay in response. The undo option is available once you right click on the artboard you will be able to get the undo option. Please see the attached image-

Screenshot_20.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika, I have the same issue. the Undo is grey out on your screen the same is with me. How to make undo work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Are you able to undo in paint application?/ Yes all programs are working fine with Undo but Adobe XD.
  2. Are you able to undo in XD by going to edit in the menu and clicking on Undo?/ Yes I see but I can not use them since thses are disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just closed XD and opened again and it worked somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works. A quicker workaround is simply pressing Alt+Tab, and switching back to Xd again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November 2020, still the problem with latest Adobe XD, Windows 10 updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, i think this bug is something i have since the first version of XD. After a certain amount of time working on a document, i cannot use the undo hotkey or the right-click undo with context menue. How can it be, that this bug still not fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issue with Undo and right click. Would you mind telling me if any specific action is triggering this behavior? What is the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it happening on a specific file or all the files? Have you tried switching your focus for a while from XD app to a different app and then switch back to XD and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having issues with the Undo in Adobe XD. Please fix this already. It is really annoying to close and restart the application everytime when this bug occurs to get the undo-function working again. I mean i really love it that you guys add new features with every update. But this bug is existing like the first XD Version and it is still not fixed. I dont think it has something to do wioth any Windows/Mac updates since it is something i notived since the very beginning of XD on different machines.

Please Adobe, look into this and fix it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with undo function not working for you. We have a similar discussion happening here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/undo-or-ctrl-z-not-working-at-xd/m-p/11565760#M39665 Could you please share the information asked so that we can investigate and escalate the issue in front of the team?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

It seems that many people have encountered this problem. I found some reasons of why it appeared. In the color picker, there's an input field of opacity can be dragged. If you drag it, the CTRL + Z  will not work unless you reopen that file.

微信截图_20201126181130.png

I'm using windows platform, It works for me , and I'm not sure this is the whole reason.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the solution that worked for you. Could you please post your solution here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/i-found-the-reason-of-undo-or-ctrl-z-not-working/td-p/116277... so that the affected customers can try this at confirm if the solution is working for them?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i tried that out and it seems that this is the bug causing this error. The CTR+Z-Undo is not working anymore after i adjust the opacity in that opacity field. This is obviously a really really bad bug. Could you guys please try to fix this. It is really annoying. I am also on a Windows 10 Machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 and still, this problem is not solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, super annoying that using the opacity slider within the gradient tool breaks CTRL-Z. This has been a bug a long time and I still have to restart XD every time I happen to use that slider. Please fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super annoying. I will return to Figma as soon as Adobe lets me. XD was such a "kind a hope" to justify the price of the adobe package. And it became terrible. Performance, Bugs and functionality aren't worth it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to version 36.1.32.5

Bug still exists. Undo not working after using opacity slider. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on the latest build of XD which is 36.2 and on Windows 10 and it seems to be working. So could you please update XD to the latest version of XD and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines