Adobe XD freezes / crashes while using the text tool

Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD  freezes / crashes while using text tool.

The crazy behavior of XD while using text tool,

1. Unable to edit text

2. Text typed in text box is received in  font Name or size field

3. Text tool is frozen, not able to create any new text in the artboard

4. Not able to change any properties of the text

5. Not able to select the text inside the text box

6. Problem remains until closed and reopened again, sometime it requires multiple close/ reopen sequence.  

7. While in the freeze state not able to save the changes, but while closing the app it asks for save changes.

I'm wondering,  may be this bug is considered to be the most lucky one to keep all the way,  as it survives through all the versions of XD so  far .

This bug is reported by many times by users . 

But the bug is solid across all the updates.

Yeah, it's a problem that's been plaguing us for a long time, for me it happened a lot a few versions back, not so much recently. Does the Alt+Tab workaround not work? Switch to another app and back to Xd. It seems to be working for me when it happens. Also, make sure graphics drivers & Windows are up to date (I believe it only happens on Win due to the "amazing" UWP experience 🙂  ). Not sure if I can suggest anything other than that.

Otherwise, I really hope the team starts focusing on clearing this and other annoying bugs.
Unfortunately, we can only hope 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe XD freezes / crashes while using the text tool

Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD  freezes / crashes while using text tool.

The crazy behavior of XD while using text tool,

1. Unable to edit text

2. Text typed in text box is received in  font Name or size field

3. Text tool is frozen, not able to create any new text in the artboard

4. Not able to change any properties of the text

5. Not able to select the text inside the text box

6. Problem remains until closed and reopened again, sometime it requires multiple close/ reopen sequence.  

7. While in the freeze state not able to save the changes, but while closing the app it asks for save changes.

I'm wondering,  may be this bug is considered to be the most lucky one to keep all the way,  as it survives through all the versions of XD so  far .

This bug is reported by many times by users . 

But the bug is solid across all the updates.

Yeah, it's a problem that's been plaguing us for a long time, for me it happened a lot a few versions back, not so much recently. Does the Alt+Tab workaround not work? Switch to another app and back to Xd. It seems to be working for me when it happens. Also, make sure graphics drivers & Windows are up to date (I believe it only happens on Win due to the "amazing" UWP experience 🙂  ). Not sure if I can suggest anything other than that.

Otherwise, I really hope the team starts focusing on clearing this and other annoying bugs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0