Highlighted

Can't save if file is on a Google-sync'd drive

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elainecc , I'm getting the same issue (could not save the document), but I don't think I have complex characters in my username (unless a space is a complex character?). Which username is this? The Windows or Adobe CC one?

One interesting note: I can "Save As" if I save it as a different filename from the existing file e.g.

• I have a file abc.xd
  • "Save" or "Save As" existing file -> "Could not save the document"
  • "Save As" different filename e.g. abc1.xd -> works

Also, the document is in a local Google Drive folder. I tried saving to my Desktop and initially got the same error, but after closing and opening again it seems it might be ok if the file is not in GDrive. I'll check and edit this if there is any update.

Hey neekolaus​-

We weren't actually able to reproduce this on our side - we saved to a sync'd GDrive folder, and it worked fine. Can you let us know what the actual name of your file was?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't save if file is on a Google-sync'd drive

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elainecc , I'm getting the same issue (could not save the document), but I don't think I have complex characters in my username (unless a space is a complex character?). Which username is this? The Windows or Adobe CC one?

One interesting note: I can "Save As" if I save it as a different filename from the existing file e.g.

• I have a file abc.xd
  • "Save" or "Save As" existing file -> "Could not save the document"
  • "Save As" different filename e.g. abc1.xd -> works

Also, the document is in a local Google Drive folder. I tried saving to my Desktop and initially got the same error, but after closing and opening again it seems it might be ok if the file is not in GDrive. I'll check and edit this if there is any update.

Hey neekolaus​-

We weren't actually able to reproduce this on our side - we saved to a sync'd GDrive folder, and it worked fine. Can you let us know what the actual name of your file was?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey neekolaus-

It sounds like a different issue, so I've branched your question off into a different one. We'll take a look at it to see if we can reproduce it!

-Elaine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey neekolaus​-

Thanks,

-Elaine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2017 1
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting this error. Even after the Mar-2017 update on Windows 10.

If the file in on a Google Drive synced folder, sometimes it works but most of the time I get the below error message. So I have to save in another folder and move the file in Google Drive synced folder.

xd-error.png

Another issue is that if I hit Ctrl+S and then lock my PC and walk off as I usually do before leaving my desk, and for the above reason it did not save, sometimes XD closes while in the PC is locked. When I come back all my unsaved work is gone. Lost 4 hours worth of work yesterday.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check to see which version of the GDrive connector you're using? Does this happen all the time, or does it happen occasionally? And are you on a corporate intranet?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I'm using Google Drive version 1.32.4066.7445
  • Happens most of the time like 8/10 times. I checked if it happens only when the file is syncing but that is not the case.
  • No. Open Internet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked as the correct answer? It doesn't even offer a solution. This is an ongoing issue for a lot of users.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 3
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also for me. google sync lock the file, and I must "save As"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is obviously very present, but notable on big files and slow connection especially. Google Drive is obviously locking file to prevent saving while it syncs. But if you do not save the file and just shut down Photoshop, it gets deleted. May be a Windows explorer error as well.

Here is a good description of the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I was able to "Pause" the desktop sync while I'm working and turn it off when I'm done. I right+click on the "Backup and Sync" icon in the bottom right tray on my PC. And select "Pause".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 1