• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johanvanderkolk,

Sorry that you are unable to open the existing document. We would need some information and a few logs to investigate it further.

Could you please share the version of Adobe XD: Go to Help > About XD, exact version of Creative Cloud sync: Open Creative Cloud desktop app, go to Preferences > Creative Cloud > Files? Other than this information we would need the following logs as well.

I am assuming you are using a windows machine. Please share the OS build as well.

• AdobeXD.log: %localappdata%\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState\
  • ACPLocalLogs:%localappdata%\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState\ACPLocalLogs

Note: For the logs above paste" %localappdata%\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState\ " in the address bar of windows explorer, you would get to the Local State folder where you can find the above logs.

You may upload these logs to CC or Dropbox as a zip file and share the link with me in a private message. Please let me know in case you face trouble grabbing any of the logs.

Meanwhile, I would request you to try to create a new admin user account and check if allows you to open this document, you may also try to open this on a different machine and check if that works.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is solved. I opened the file on another computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's awesome that it worked for you, I would request you to please share the logs from your machine so that we can investigate matter closely.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Atul said, it would help for us to still have the log files so that we can address the root cause of this issue. You can upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the link with him over a private message. To send a private message, click Atul's name and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you plz help me, how to get back my file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this msg - 'sorry can't open this document' occurs when you try to open a cloud document without running your adobe cc app, if  your not signed in or when xd is not connected to cc server.......

whenever i get this msg ill close xd >open cc app >open xd> open cloud document> it runs (you can see cloud docs and can't open it means your internet is so slow or server down.)

if nothing of above works try reinstalling adobe cc.

(I told my exp if nothing works then...ask help from adobe)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elis,

Sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. Would you mind opening this file on a different machine and check if that works? If it is possible for you, it would be great if you could share the file with us so that we can test it here at our end.

In addition to this, I would also request you to collect the logs mentioned in message number 1 and share the link if the uploaded docs.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC crashed when I was working on a project. Now I see the project on the cloud, but I'm unable to access it on any system. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try looking for the doc under Creative Cloud documents here ?

Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't look there. That's not the problem. I got an email and clicked on it. It asked if I wanted to open that file in XD. I said yes, and then it said sorry, can't open. So In XD I went to "shared with me" and saw the file and tried again and again over a couple of days... with the same "sorry can't open that file" error.

I finally followed the tip from the person here and opened the CC app and it worked!

I'm not able to spend a lot of time debugging this for ya'll, but hopefully this is enough info for ya'll to fix it for future users.

Here's my logs

AdobeLogs_20190424_165124_622-mac.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your solution here, it should help other users with a similar issue. Meanwhile, we will share the log files with the team. Appreciate your taking time to generate the files and share them with us.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I am having the same "sorry cannot open this document" error. it is opening in my mobile. but not in my computer. how can i download the file from the cloud?

Vishnu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vishnuharidaskarinatt, sorry that you are still not able to load a document and getting this "Sorry cannot open this document" error. Would it be possible for you to try to open this document on a different machine and see if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. I can open the file from cloud on my mobile. But can't open from my lap and pc. If there's a way I could download it and open it from my computer  it would be better 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other files are working fine though. Only one is having this issue. Is there a way I can download the file from my cloud account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

same problem for me too.... I can view the file in mobile but not able to

open in PC., someone plz help

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019, 3:51 AM vishnuharidaskarinatt <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the file in another computer and it worked. then i saved it locally and renamed it and saved it again on the cloud. now i'm able to open the file. i coudn't open the files in the system i was first working on. but i installed XD in another system and it worked. try that. And seriously adobe should put an option to download the file from the cloud. all other could platforms are having this option. Try this sagard23357513

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou,

I'll try that method once. Seriously Adobe need to give us a option for

cloud files.

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 at 12:17, vishnuharidaskarinatt <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. I had to go to my cloud documents, downloaded the file from there to my local HD, and it opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My xd files saved which I saved in cloud documents can be viewed in mobile only, when I try to open the same file in laptop error msg coming, Sorry cant open the file.. plz help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sagard,

Sorry that you were not able to open this document on your machine. Please try the steps mentioned here on this link: - Issue saving xd files to creative cloud and update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! You nailed it. I've been trying to open a shared document on my Mac all day and kept getting the error. I opened the cc app and suddenly can open it! Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines