• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: "Plugin Installation failed" while installing plugins in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every time I try to install any plugin it gives error.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 11.50.38.png

Already tried to reinstall XD, followed the tutorial to resolve permission, already tried everything ... The error always persists. Any suggestion?   

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Plug-ins , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

You might be having a problem with being able to write to the folder. Here are some steps that might get you unblocked:

1. In finder go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/
    If you can’t see Library folder because it’s hidden, from the Finder menu, select the “Go” menu and choose “Home”, or select <username> from favorites in Finder than select “view” and choose “Show View Options”, check “Show Library Folder” option form view options, now you should be able to see the Library folder in f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Hello, thanks for the reply!

It`s work now!

I created the plugin folder and now it works!

I believe the bug was that I have 2 Adobe XD folders in the path.

An

~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe.XD

~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Adobe XD

The right thing was to create in Adobe/Adobe XD

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guismeloo,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble installing XD plugins & thank you for trying the initial troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try the following steps:

• Please try to sign out of Creative Cloud and XD & sign back in.
  • Try switching to a different network and let us know if that helps.
  • Creating the plug-in folder manually within the XD config folder.
  • If that doesn't help, please try creating a new user account & share results with us.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the reply!

It`s work now!

I created the plugin folder and now it works!

I believe the bug was that I have 2 Adobe XD folders in the path.

An

~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Adobe XD

The right thing was to create in Adobe/Adobe XD

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you are back on track & thank for sharing the solution that worked for you. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you solve this? Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem but I have Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The right thing was to create in Adobe/Adobe XD" (i.e. ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Adobe XD)

i deleted this directory:

but then every time i launch xd, the deleted directory gets recreated. the error would persist.

this sounds like a bug and will perpetuate this error message until xd points to the correct directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone, I just got adobe XD and I’m having trouble installing plugins! I keep getting this error message “extraction failed”. I’m using a windows OS. Please help!

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you let us know the OS and XD versions you're using.
Also have you tried to uninstall and reinstall XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monty,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble installing plugins in Adobe XD. Please let us know if you're still experiencing the issue or it has been fixed. If yes, please share the information asked by Sjaani.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can not install any plugin on Adobe XD for macOS, I receive the following error in all the plugins that I try:

Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 09.47.05.png

Anyone having te same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be having a problem with being able to write to the folder. Here are some steps that might get you unblocked:

1. In finder go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/
    If you can’t see Library folder because it’s hidden, from the Finder menu, select the “Go” menu and choose “Home”, or select <username> from favorites in Finder than select “view” and choose “Show View Options”, check “Show Library Folder” option form view options, now you should be able to see the Library folder in finder under <username>/LibrarySelect “Adobe” folder, then choose File > Get Info.
  2. Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
  3. Select your <username> from “Sharing & Permissions” and change the privilege to “Read & Write” if privilege is already set to “Read & Write” proceed on to the next step
  4. Click the Action (gear icon) pop-up menu , then choose “Apply to enclosed items.”
  5. You can close the “Info” window after process is over

Let us know if this fixes it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these steps and I cannot install any plugins. I just get the red triangle of doom. Any other advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too... I just get an error in the bottom..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this issue with all plug-ins or just some?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All plugins..! I had two help desk personnel take control of my machine and try to fix it but in vain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah me too. I tried the permissions stuff on my Adobe folder but I am still getting the red bar error when I try to install plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me your case number and the URL of this post over a private message? I want to check if there was anything special about your case. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is apparently capturing my log. I am sorry I do no know what my case

number is. My case is solved..!

Thank you & Regards,

Prameela Jeppu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this process before installing the plugin but the error message is showing "Problem installing the plugin. See help center for solution" in Mac (10.14.04 version)

• In finder go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/
    If you can’t see Library folder because it’s hidden, from the Finder menu, select the “Go” menu and choose “Home”, or select <username> from favorites in Finder than select “view” and choose “Show View Options”, check “Show Library Folder” option form view options, now you should be able to see the Library folder in finder under <username>/LibrarySelect “Adobe” folder, then choose File > Get Info.
  • Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
  • Select your <username> from “Sharing & Permissions” and change the privilege to “Read & Write” if privilege is already set to “Read & Write” proceed on to the next step
  • Click the Action (gear icon) pop-up menu , then choose “Apply to enclosed items.”
  • You can close the “Info” window after process is over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking care of the initial troubleshooting and your observations. Before I pass you on to tech support, can you try solutions in this document Issues installing XD plugins​ that aren't covered in your initial troubleshooting procedure and let us know if you need more assistance?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every plugin I try to install gives me a "Plugin installation failed message". Not sure how to fix this. I don't think it's a permissions issue because I followed suggestions from the "Help Center" and my Adobe folders were not locked. If there are any steps I can add to help debug this issue, please let me know!

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 12.40.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple of attempts I got this working. The solution for this is the solution posted here : https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/can-t-install-any-plugin-on-adobe-xd-for-macos/td-p/10181003

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plugin installation failed (code errno5) adobe xd.JPG

Whenever I tried downloading a plugin called - Rename it, this error throughs - "plugin installation failed (code errno5) adobe xd".

I have tried uninstalling and installing adobe xd but no result, same error. I use Windows laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines