The Adobe Fonts Acumin, specifically Acumin Pro ExtraCondensed Bold will deactivate in AE, or won't activate at all.
After Effects v 23.0 (up to date as of this posting) Windows 10.
- I used that font throughout a project.
- The font is always active in InDesign 2023.
- The font worked fine in AE for several days.
- Then, the font began to not be activate when I opened AE, no other version of Acumin was active.
- The other active Adobe Fonts were still selectable.
- There was no warning about the font being missing (I'm not sure if AE gives warnings about fonts).
- The workaround was me loging into Adobe Fonts, deactivating the font, then activating the font (all with AE active), this worked for 48 hours, and several computer restarts.
- The text boxes where Acumin was used, defaulted to a serif font (seems standard for a missing font).
- Twice, the project displayed Acumin correctly, but a few English words substitued to non-English ie. ḋḊď.
The above workaround stopped working, and I tried the following:
- Restarting my computer
- Restarting AE
- Activating the font with AE closed
- Deactivating every other Adobe Fonts
- These steps didn't solve the issue
After leaving for the night, I turned on my computer, and the font displayed correctly in AE... for now.
Is there something that I can do that will ensure the font activates, and stays active in AE?