• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As Popup Window Closes When I Press Any Arrow Key in macOS Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Save As popup window open, if I press any of the arrow keys, the popup window closes and nothing is saved.  I haven't tested every Adobe app but it happens for me in After Effects (2022 & 2023), Media Encoder, and Premiere Pro.  I also tested it in Photoshop 2023 and it does not appear to be an issue there.  I have reported it to Apple but it seeems like it might be more of an Adobe bug as no other apps I use seem to do this.  It was not an issue with Big Sur or Monterey.  Only appears to be an issue with Ventura betas.  I am currently running the Ventura RC and the recent Adobe 2023 app updates.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Import and export , Troubleshooting , UI and UX , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed in the 23.1 version of After Effects, now available in the Creative Cloud app. Please update to that version and let us know right away if you continue to see this issue.

Thank you again for these reports, they helped us to get this issue prioritized for the 23.1 release.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
63 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dsiddave,

Thanks very much for filing this bug report. We are also able to observe this same behavior in the Ventura Beta and have opened a ticket to investigate.

Thanks again,

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

literally as the subject describes.

left and right arrow keys while tyong into the file name field in a svae dialog cancels the save, and exits the dialog.

mac pro tower

mac os X Ventura 13.0 (22A380)

AE v 23.0.0 (build 59)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this from the Discussions to Bugs section, but FYI, you can now post bug reports directly in this forum as UserVoice is no longer being used for AE (yay)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue- when saving project, rendering project and try to rename the file by typing on the arrow keys (to bring you to the beginning or end of the name) the dialog closes as if you clicked "Cancel" or hit the escape key.  Screen capture below if that helps (you can hear when I click the arrow key)

Ventura 13.0

M1 Max MacBook Pro 64GB

AE 23.0.0 Build 59

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ebluBeta & @creggor,

Thanks for reporting this problem. We are aware of this issue and currently investigating a fix. It is unfortunately affecting After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Media Encoder, so all three will need an update to fix this issue. Any fix will become available in the Beta builds, and then the next public release.

Thanks again,

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thank you @davidarbor for moving this report to the right place! Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i reported my bug from AE's menu item for providing feedback, and selected "bug" from the type of feedback. if it wound up in the wrong place, I suggest that you need to iron out the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

I recently updated to Ventura and since then, I have encountered a very annoying issue that is affecting performance. The issue is the following: Whenever I try to import a file into AE and I want to scroll up and down to select the file I want to bring it, the window just simply closes. The same thing happens when when I send a composition to render and when I want to name the file, if I use the arrow keys to navigate between letter (to name the file to be rendered) it also closes. This issue is also present on Media Encoder.

Tried with Photoshop, Premiere and Ilustrator, but it does not happen, I also tried with other software and they are fine, so the issue seems to only relate to AE and ME.

While there is a workaround for each issue, it is really annoying and take away time, which is precious when working for live television and having limited time to pump out lots graphics on a daily basis.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm facing an issue that's driving me crazy.

I updated After Effects to the 2023 version at the same time I updated my MBP M1 Max to Ventura, so I unfortunately can't tell for sure which of these two updates the problem is coming from, but I would rather think of AE as that's the only software on which I've noticed the issue.

Here's the description of my problem: when I'm in the Render Queue and I click on the "Output to:" link, a pop-up appears so that I can choose the Output path and the name of the file.

But for some strange reason, when I click on the file name to change it, if I use one of the arrow keys to move through the name... it closes the pop-up, as if I had clicked on the "Cancel" button.

I also noticed the problem appears with the "Save as..." pop-up, so I guess it happens for every AE pop-ups.

Does any of you face the same issue?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever any direction arrow is pressed while saving closes the Save dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having this unusual problem and im not sure if it's related to update that happened recently. The issue  is whenever I open the Save As dialogue box in After FX, whenever I use the arrow keys - the box closes apruptly. It's so annoying cause I am not able to name and save my files naturally. Any idea what could be happening here?

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 12.26.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug in OS X in conjunction with Adobe apps (not just AE). until it gets fixed use mouse navigation. Create extra favorites/ aliases to quickly jump to other folders.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I was not losing my mind and thinking some kind of shortcut bug happened on my whole mac. Looking forward to next public release that addresses this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When im saving a file, and im using the arrows to get to the end of the "title" the save wondow dissapears? 

The same thing is happening when im using the "delete" butten 😄

Any idears? 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue on OS X. For the time being use mouse navigation only.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when the "title" is too long I can't get to the end? 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this is a a known issue and is being worked on. Simply create a "Dump" folder and add it to your Favorites/ Aliases, then move and rename the files externally.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I jst updated to the latest version of AE yesterday and noticed something strange when I want to save. Whenever I want to use the arrow keys on my keyboard, it closes the dialog box without actually saving. So for example if I want to add something to the file name and try to move the cursor by arrows, it closes the box. I haven't run into this bug on any older version before. Any ideas or syggestions?

hardware/software info:

2020 iMac

OS X Venture 13.0

AE 23.0.0

Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I just noticed there was another post with this subject. Can't seem top delete this post, but feel free to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posts can't be deleted except by technical administrators, but I'm going to lock it in the interest of keeping things from getting all too messy around here. 😉

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
When I'm in after effects, and I open the import window, if I press any up/down/left/right key, the window closes!
In version 22, all work OK.
I work on the Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue and a bug on OS X. Refer to the many other posts on this forum. Use mouse navigation, create favorites/ aliases to navigate through folders, use short file names to avoid having to use the arrow keys.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem, but it didn't start until yesterday... seems that it may have happened in conjunction with a series of updates that I ran (both from adobe, and video copilot). I wasn't having any issues until I updated those two items on Ventura however. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. thank godness i'm not alone with this problem. i really thought i'm taking crazy pills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone noticed that the pre render dialogue window goes away now when you press the down arrow? When i go to pre-render something in AE, a box always pops up and asks me where i want to save it and what i want to name the file. And i'm used to pressing the down arrow on my Apple computer so that it shoots me to the end of the file name, so that i can tack on a "v1" or whatever to the end of the file name. but lately when i press the down arrow, it makes that pop up window go away, instead of shooting my cursor to the end of the file name to add more text.  very frustrating. Is this a bug? i restarted my computer and tried again and got the same issue.  i tried looking through AE preferences to see if this was some kind of new keyboard setting that i could turn off but i couldnt find anything like that. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate