• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects trying to put an image on an animated shape layer

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to put an image, it is an illustrator file, but I can make it a png.  I want to fix it to a shap layer that moves in after effects.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've already exported a PNG from your Illustrator document, choose File > Import to bring that into your After Effects project.  That can be linked to an existing Shape Layer if that's what you're looking to do with the Parent options for the resulting Layer when you add the PNG to a Composition.

You should be able to import your Illustrator file directly.  If all of the objects in the Illustrator file are outlines, you can add the Illustrator Source Footage Item to a Composition, select the resulting Layer, and then choose Layer > Create > Create Shapes from Vector Layer.  You can work with the resulting Shape Layer or copy and paste the contents to an existing Shape Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Import the image you need (ae supports most formats)

2. drag it to the timeline that has your shape layer

3. Parent the new image to the shape layer

4. Adust the scale and size and position of the image to your needs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines