• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2023 UI LAG

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone and sorry for my bad english. First thing, happy new year! 

My specs:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz, 2101 Mhz, 8 core, 16 processori logici
Motherboard X99-M WS
(RAM) 64,0 GB
GTX 1080Ti Driver 528.02

I'm on the latest version of Adobe products, but i'm experiencing terrible lag in timeline. When i move a lyer in the timeline, the layer is moving slow and its position is random, it moves after i leave the mouse button. I've a video that explain the problem, i've only one solid layer in the comp. I've tried to turn off multiframe rendering, but nothing changes.

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade your graphics driver to the 517.xx version. Apparently there are issues with 527.xx and beyond in relation to Adobe software that NVidia hasn't fixed yet.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. Big thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked correct? Did not work for me at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initially thought downgrading the driver version would work, but after a few days I was still getting slight lag and it only slightly improved the problem. However after turning off UI hardware acceleration it's now much better (preferences > display > hardware accelerate composition, layer, and footage panels)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: I spoke too soon and again after it initially fixed the problem it came back. I'm using Win 11 and driver version 516.59. After Effects 2022 works fine so unfortunately I'll be having to use this until the problem is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, is what i did. Roll back to 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! Here is a video of my timeline in AE 18.2.0 and AE 23.2.0

Also, see this link for a possible solution - https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/ae-23-1-0-poor-performance-timeline-keyframe-lag/i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Actually it works on one machine. The other two have no improvement...hope that it will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh how I miss that smoothness in the timeline.:(  That video hurts to watch, but glad there are others out there going through this. The laggyness is just absoluetly a nightmare. Thanks for sharing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep...i don't understand why on my machine at home, downgrading Nvidia drivers works. But on other two machines at work nothing seems to do the job, even disable hardware acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The After Effects team has worked on a fix for this issue which is now available in the latest After Effects Beta v23.3 (x36). Some users have reported that it's working as expected on their end in the Beta build. If you could download the Beta on your machine from the CC desktop app and confirm that it's working for you too, that would be great.

AE beta.png

Please note that After Effects Beta will be a separate installation and will not overwrite your existing stable After Effects version.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded the latest Beta and it seems to be working for me. I haven't used it extensively to thoroughly test it but so far it's much better. Unfortunatley the beta doesn't seem to migrate across all my settings so I won't be using it for now, but when is this fix likely to be carried across to the standard app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  Problem is still there in the Beta 23.3.0 (Build 36).

When trying to move key frames in the time line they lag and continue to move after I release the mouse button making it difficult to place them at the desired time.

Windows 10 Pro 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 18 Core(s), 36 Logical

Installed RAM    64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)

System type       64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Adapter Description        NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

Adapter RAM     (1,048,576) bytes

Driver Version   31.0.15.2727

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the beta version doesn't resolve the problem. Keyframes move around and layers, when trimmed, returns to their original size. Is like the mouse button is pressed even when not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davids19273365, Hi @Roberto Tafuro,

Can you trash preferences (back them up first) and let me know if it works?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply @Rameez_Khan,

Here is what I have done:

I have updated After Effects to version 23.2.1

I have updated my Nvidea drivers to the latest version.

I have trashed my preferences.

I am still experiencing the sticky keyframe, but there is a work around.  If I hide layer controls the key frames no longer stick or drag.  I look forward to another update where this issue is fixed in full without the work around as mentioned in another thread:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/ae-23-1-0-poor-performance-timeline-keyframe-lag/i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines