Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 22.2 is now available!

Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 22.2 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This release is recommended for all users.

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue that caused the Composition Profiler to crash certain compositions.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when adding/removing dropdown menu items in the Essential Graphics panel.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Cineware to crash.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Render Queue items to be incorrectly marked as ready for rendering.
  • Fixed an issue for Windows that caused the memory usage to exceed the assigned threshold when rendering projects with 32-bit EXR files.
  • Fixed the Vegas effect generating flickering output when the Random Phase checkbox is enabled while rendering with Multi-Frame Rendering.
  • Fixed an issue with Draft 3D that caused composition tool cursors to appear in non-composition panels.
  • Fixed an issue with Draft 3D that caused RGBA values to not show up in the info panel.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the color picker to not work in Draft 3D.
  • Fixed an issue with 3D Transform Gizmo that resulted in in an error when using anchor point tool with layer at zero scale.
  • Fixed an issue with 3D Transform Gizmo that caused n-up view label size to change when interacting with the gizmo.
  • Fixed an issue that caused 3D Ground Plane to be able to be turned on/off during a preview if Draft 3D was on.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the cursor to flicker when trying to resize the panels inside After Effects.

To check out bug fixes for earlier versions, visit the Fixed Issues page.

How to update After Effects to version 22.2?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top-left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

ae 22.2.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leandrospaletta,

I'm sorry to inform you that there is a way to access it anymore in After Effects 18.x or higher. The VR features were removed from After Effects because the components were no longer supported. 

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version be like:

8801b319cee55c3aed7ac8c4dd9c0232

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petr Holusa,

Can you provide more info about the problem? Is this happening while you're working in After Effects?

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking... - Adobe Support Community

Thanks,

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically when trying to exit the app.

Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, Ryzen 3700x, 32 GB, 2x rtx 2080ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed an issue using composition.markerProperty.setValueAtTime(...)? This was working until one of the latest updates (22.1).

The call is failing with "After Effects error: CSelectronASSERT fail: CSelectron: layer is null". Wanted to see if this was just an issue on my end, or a potential bug in the latest release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if there is any reason why AE would freeze up, only being used for a minute or two at a time and I have to completely close AE and reopen my document to work on it only for this to happen over and over again? Is there any way that you can help? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well as updated it, yet this still happens 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe you guys a sucking right now!!! Everytime you present an update something else fails - like the app not wanting to open up. There needs to be an option somewhere to not update if you don't want to. Now I have a deadline and the stupid app is not opening up. I think I need to check out Calvary (https://cavalry.scenegroup.co/) or Hitfilm (https://fxhome.com/product/hitfilm-express) I'm tired of the excuses, ya'll are getting millions of our money, get your stuff straight!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, just create it AE X from scratch! Make faster timeline preview. Today I sat with client.... hitting spacebar.... nothing.... hitting again.... oh a few frames... waiting again.... It doesn't matter how fast your computer is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this release has made it abundantly clear that a complete rebuild is Adobe's only option. This is the least functional piece of software I have ever seen. The state of Adobe's design products are a complete liability for my business, no exaggeration. I am encountering bugs and setbacks that will completely eat my day up even on their 'stable" AE 18.x. We should all be compensated for being their beta testers not paying their subscription fees for unfinished releases. The issues we're encountering are also literally impossible to miss in any kind of basic testing. PNG's cant be used for god's sake. You still cant send a render to AME from AE with reliable results! Rendering your timeline has bugs that have lasted for multiple versions in a row!

Insult to injury, the entire Adobe response to these issues is often (not always) curt and unhelpful and that its the users fault for not providing enough background info on their machine or that the only way to solve a problem is a clean install - that is not an acceptable option in a production environment. 

Adobe needs to address the dire state of After Effects with their customers and start discussing a roadmap to get this under control. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add an issue that has already been reported in hundreds of threads for several years but I see it still hasn't been solved. Does it seem normal to you that in 2022 you have this type of optimization with windows even only in resizing windows? When you try to resize a window, the whole interface flickers and there is a noticeable drop in performance. Understand that if this is the business card you will entice more and more people to stop giving you a penny! I have attached the video, and this is only part of the optimization interface problems with windows. 
I am also very curious to understand why moving the anchor point is much more jerky and with a delay in the movement. What's so complicated about moving the anchor point? 
It is starting to get very frustrating to work with adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported the same issue but with Ai. Same flickering UI problems so it is not just me. https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/another-frankenstein-glitchy-version/m-p/1279...

As you see my mouse is moving normal but interface is... I don't know how to descibe it...

7a76a24a3c61b5cbe39e3968e9e1cb99.gif

Anwer from Adobe professional is... I can't replicate the problem (shaking my head and asking loudly WHAT?) 

Slowly moving to another apps. Having Adobe just from inertia? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, even AI and PS, same thing. This I believe is related to a problem with HDPI monitors. I think it's embarrassing not being able to optimize an interface. On MacOS everything works super smooth but on windows it's a nightmare. But the most worrying thing is that the problem has been around for several years and there has never been an improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to point out to Adobe developers that compared to previous versions there has been a loss of performance during tracking analysis. The same clip with the same settings takes longer to analyze the tracking!
Then, explain to me why you can't get the dGPU and CPU to be used to maximum for tracking. The dGpu during tracking goes to 5% and the CPU to 40%. I think you have to give yourself a big wake up in the direction of optimization and performance! It is useless to add new functions if the software is always slower and buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Livio5C11

Sorry for my late response!

I'll pass on your feedback to the After Effects team.

If you could provide more details about your system and the project, I would be happy to troubleshoot with you. 

Best,

Rameez 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this Update doesn't solve the problem "Uknown BIB Error. Invalid Container, , 0
( 83 ;; 3 ), I swear that I will sue Adobe.. I've lost at least 2 projects because of this, I'm not sleeping to solve the problem.. this problem is unacceptable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LUIZ C S22946741ii4f

I'm sorry that you're getting the "Unknown BIB" error dialog. 

• Are you on Windows or macOS? 
  • Do you get this error every time you launch After Effects or while performing a specific action?

Let me know. 

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. I'm using Windows, and the problem occurs sometimes, when I play the preview. It doesn't happen in every project, there is nothing I can identify in common among the projects that I'm having problems.. Adobe must solve this problem, this is urgent. I'm losing customer because of this. I need a deadline from Adobe to solve this, ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, @LUIZ C S22946741ii4f.

In a different discussion, I read that this could be related to font cache or third-party fonts. Can you delete the font cache or temporarily remove third-party fonts, if you don't mind? 

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this, the problem is still happening.. I just can't believe how irresponsible Adobe is not fixing this bug for testerday.. I'm losing jobs because of this annoying bug and I will sue Adobe if you don't give me a resonale deadline to fix this.
Make it happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• There is still a problem with Multi Frame Rendering for me.
  • After Adobe technical support tried to diagnose the problem, the project was cited as the reason for the problem. 
  • As long as I turn MFR OFF, I am able to preview the composition and render it.
  • Activate MFR and the rendering stops,AE locks up and you need to force quit AE. We are running a 2022 mac m1 mini with 16GB ram and 1 TB SSD.
  • Adobe techs didn't want to answer the simple question of how to turn MFR ON and OFF.
  • There's something to this mystery, there has to be.
  • Thanks Dear/ Rameez Khan'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Morgen23769677c681,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with MFR. 

The After Effects team is working on improvements to MFR for the upcoming releases. You can turn off MFR by going to Preferences > Memory & Performance and deselect "Enable Multi-Frame Rendering." 

If you have time and are willing to share your project and media with us, I can file a bug for the team to take a look. 

Let me know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to update, but currently the PNG problems are pretty major. Every single project I have utilizes PNG's and I always get the "aegp plugin pngio support pngio library error chunk data is too large" error anytime I import ANY png. Will stay tuned for an update that fixes this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have any problems with importing PNG's but a lot of people have problems with rendering PNG's. The problem with rendering PNG's is the defeault color profile. maybe you can try changing to a similar color profile in your Project settings (File>Project settings>Color>Working Space). Hopefully this will help your issue too.
Also Rameez (from Adobe) can confirm that this render bug will be fixed in the upcoming version of After Effects v22.3, which will be released soon. If you want to try it out, you can download the Beta build from the Creative Cloud desktop app under the Beta app section. It is a separate install and doesn't affect your current stable version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines