• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help i cant reach my fps target!

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basicly im new to after effects though i have edited small stuff in the past but i cant find a fix for this issue anywhere online. im using the newest version and i have even tried older version but none work. so basicly i made a short edit to test how the software works with just a clip and some audio and my clip was only 144 fps and i also tried 80 and then 60 and then 30. none of them work. basicly i have 13 gb of ram set for after effects so idk about that being the issue but my issue is that it wont even reach the fps target on my preview. like in 144 it only reached 90 consistantly and with 80 it only reached 60 then i tried 60 and it only reached 25 and so on so on and i cant fix it.  i cant even learn to edit with this because of this issue. and i dont want to lose out on 20 dollars so please please help me my socals <personal info removed>. please help.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info we can't really tell you much. Most likely your hardware acceleration is not working correctly, so start by updating your graphics driver and configure it suitably and check the relevant settings in the preferences. Same for other stuff like disk caches, multiframe rendering and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when u say system info do u mean my specs? im newer to pcs but i have a rtx 3060 if that matters. my after effects just wont hit the fps target. i have also just checked for a new driver and i have the newest. and after effects also completely slows my pc if i even play the preview like once i can move my pc for like a min. idk whats up i just hope i didnt waste 20 dollars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to this. Perhaps that fixes it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/ae-2023-ui-lag/td-p/13473310

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a couple of problems right off the top. You stated your clip was 144 fps. The comp frame rate is 60, and the playback in your screenshot is just over 30 fps. I don't know where you get the 144 fps, but that is higher than humans need for smooth motion, not standard, not delivered by any streaming service, and is usually reserved for original footage that is going to be slowed down (slow motion), so you can get smooth playback and not have double frames. Here's your screenshot with some notes:

RickGerard_0-1673184891793.png

The Comp resolution is set to Full, but the magnification ratio is less than 50%, so AE is cashing four times as many pixels as there are in the Comp Panel. Set Comp resolution to Auto.

You have not applied any effects to the shot, so there is no strain on system resources from effects. The top layer is missing footage, so it is doing nothing at all and should be removed. It is not being processed.

The footage in the comp is an MP4, probably from a screen capture app, and MP4s can be difficult to decode and generally problematic. MP4s take longer to decode than production formats. If there is a drain on your system it is probably from the source footage.

Your comp is more than 3 minutes long, and the only viable layer in the comp is about 30 seconds. This makes me wonder if you are trying to edit a video in After Effects instead of creating a shot. AE is not a video editing app. It is an app destined to create visual effects, motion graphics, and animated shots that can be cut into movies using an NLE.

Set the Comp resolution to Auto, decide if you really need to produce a 60 fps movie because most viewers using social media will only be delivered 30 fps streams, and clean up your workflow, and you will probably get realtime playback from this comp. Setting the comp resolution to Auto will reduce the data rate by 75%. If you still can't get realtime playback, skipping one frame in the preview panel will make it happen, and you won't notice the dropped frames. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. this helped a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines