• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I slowly zoom in to the beat of a song?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DivMD05nAi4   This is the effect i a trying to do if you guys can help me

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

BeatEdit will get you this functionality, but unless you're planning to use this workflow again, the price might be prohibitive. https://aescripts.com/beatedit-for-after-effects/

Also available for Premiere: https://aescripts.com/beatedit-for-premiere-pro/

Manual route:

Reveal your waveform by pressing LL in AE (though honestly, I typically prefer to do this step in Premiere or Audition. AE is not really set up for intense audio work.) You should be able to see the beats relatively clearly in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to me to be some third-party effects package that they sell for After Effects or Premiere Pro. Of course it can also be achieved with keyframes and some tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any idea of which software was used, or how to use the effect of the tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BeatEdit will get you this functionality, but unless you're planning to use this workflow again, the price might be prohibitive. https://aescripts.com/beatedit-for-after-effects/

Also available for Premiere: https://aescripts.com/beatedit-for-premiere-pro/

Manual route:

Reveal your waveform by pressing LL in AE (though honestly, I typically prefer to do this step in Premiere or Audition. AE is not really set up for intense audio work.) You should be able to see the beats relatively clearly in most songs, and can go through and create markers to make them easy to sync keyframes to. You can drop markers as you're previewing the track, though I find that we humans are usually 2-3 frames late, unless you're really good at anticipating. 

For the above look, I'd probably just add an adjustment layer at the top of the composition, with the Transform effect. It'll affect everything below it, and means you won't have to do those scale keyframes on all those various layers (which may be scaled differently themselves, if your source material is similar to the sample above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't afford it. Do you know any other software that is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can do that with Beatnik:

https://aescripts.com/beatnik/

(disclaimer: I wrote it, so I do have a vested interest in it.)

If you wanted to do it by hand, this might be helpful:

http://www.motionscript.com/articles/speed-control.html#other-applications

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can do it without plug ins. I don't have the money to buy it ā˜¹ļø

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained exactly how to do this without plugins above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not gonna lie, I didn't understand what you said. Thank you so much for helping. Can u make step by step instructions to make it more understanding. That will be very appreciated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't intended to be snarky, but I recommend you spend some time learning the basics of AE, then. There are several tutorials here on the site, and they're also shown when you first open the software. Familiarize yourself with the way the software works and what it does, and my advice above will begin to make more sense. 

After Effects is a powerful, complex, professional application, and it'll take more than a paragraph of explanation to explain how to use it. Users here on the forums are happy to help, but effort is also required on your part! šŸ™‚

Additionally, on the rest of the internet are more free tutorials for After Effects than you could probably ever watch. Try using some of the terms I described above to search for tutorials that might be similar to the techniques you're looking to create,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i read what you sent again, and sort of uderstood it.

What do I do in the transform panel. I personally converted the audio to keyframes, and made the video zoom in and all with some ease effect. I just want it to zoom in more smoothly. Its like the scale goes from 100 to 110 per beat. I want it to go from 100 to 110, but also go through 101,102,103,104,105, etc until it reaches 110. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this may seem confusing lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Late here, but use ease in and ease out! This will help you fine tune the speed of the zooming effects. Once you set the ease, you can go in the graph editor (https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/animation-basics.html#:~:text=The%20Graph%20Editor,-The%...) to fine tune it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines