Exit

PTI (red current time indicator) is not moving

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a frustrating bug on the latest after effects version 22.3

Untitled.png

Everything works fine until I close the tab of after effects. When I return to the program, the time indicator becomes static and doesn't move during the video preview, the video is playing perfectly by the way but the frustrating part is that you can't see the PTI at all, (the red moving cursor disappears) so you have no idea what timestamp you're previewing. I need to go to Preferences and clear data and cache every time to make it work again, but this is very time-wasting!

These are my PC's specs:

Processor12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Operating SystemWindows 10
RAM32 GB

GPU is working under the latest update.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Layer237504157ceo,

Welcome to the community.

Please try changing the cache location or increasing the Maximum Disk Cache Size in the After Effects preferences.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both , but still not working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same PTI problem; I updated this old post (I'd reported this problem a few years ago, and it's back for me): https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/pti-and-cti-not-moving-on-preview/m-p/12337...

I don't use the disk cache;  Ihave 128GB RAM and rarely have need for disk caching. I regularly clean out all my other (AE and PPro) caches (which live on a dedicated M.2 SSD) but none of this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines