Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried many of the previously suggested fixes

-renamed cache and mediacore folders

-run as administrator

-updated drivers

-added folder to antivirus exemptions

2020 version of After Effects still runs okay, but 2021 has not successfully launched once.

Specs:

Intel i7-7820X

Windows 10 Home - Build 19041.867

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti  x 2 - Studio driver 461.92

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

I was having the same issue running on windows 10. I found another post that suggested running in Windows 8 compatability mode. It's worked with no issues ever since!

just find the AfterFX.exe file (likely at, "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2021\Support Files\AfterFX.exe") then right click the file, > Properties > "Compatability" Tab and check the box next to "Run this progam in compatability mode for:" and select Windows 8. 

I have no idea why or how this works, but it fixed my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Buegen,

Sorry for the crash issue.

Do you get any error message or crash report: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput...

Here's what you can try:

Let us know if any of the suggestions help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue running on windows 10. I found another post that suggested running in Windows 8 compatability mode. It's worked with no issues ever since!

just find the AfterFX.exe file (likely at, "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2021\Support Files\AfterFX.exe") then right click the file, > Properties > "Compatability" Tab and check the box next to "Run this progam in compatability mode for:" and select Windows 8. 

I have no idea why or how this works, but it fixed my issues opening After Effects, Audition and Illustrator. Hope this helps someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Finally something that works. I just hope it will keep working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had gone back to AE 2020 for awhile, but was having the same issue now with AE 2022. I can confirm that this solution still works. Thanks for taking the time to help!

-Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines