• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I uninstalled and reinstalled and getting the same error. After Effects can’t continue: The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded. You may need to reinstall. After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup. I'm running (Mac) Yosemite 10.10.5, using After Effects CC 2015 v.13.6.1. Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

I was experiencing the exact same issues you described. No amount of uninstall, reinstall, update, or even the CC cleaner tool was able to fix.

The solution? For me, after ensuring that AE was running with full administrator rights in Windows 10 (right click > run as administrator) it opens up just fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

I had the same problem on a mac running After Effects CC 15.0.1.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 2.54.35 PM.png

The issue turned out to be faulty permissions on the "Adobe" folder inside the user "Documents" folder.  I changed the folder permissions to be "Read & Write" for all (be sure to "apply to enclosed items") and the problem was fixed.  Permissions should be as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 3.46.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything in these replies, can someone please help me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with getting the CEP message running the latest version of After Effects on Mac.  Multiple re-installs and changing permissions. None of this has worked for me. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[For MAC users] If you have your After Effects downloaded on your iCloud, this may solve the problem.

1. Go to your iCloud

2. Find Creative Cloud folder

3. Locate After Effects folder (will have the AE purple colour)

* if there is a download icon next to your folder, then certain files within the AE folder have been stored on your iCloud and you might not have access to them offline.

4. Within the AE folder, there is another folder called Plug-ins. Open this folder and there is another folder called extensions. This is where you will find the CEPManager.plugin file. If there is a download icon next to it, hit the download icon. That will make the extension available offline. 

* If you have enough storage space on your device, you can download the whole After Effects folder. IT may take a while because it's a large folder. I hope this helps, as it worked for me. 

In the event that the issue happens again, follow the same steps and re-download the plugin.

note: Only downside is having to re-download the necessary plug-ins for AE to run from the iCloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know for sure it isn't stored in my cloud, I have the plugin installed already for offline use and unfortunately I still get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.... tried everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very easy to solve.

Simply delete the shortcut of "Document" folder in C\users\"Name of User"\

open the adobe product then it will work automatically 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue, I tried to give After effect full permission on my mac, but the issue still occurs. Any other suggestion on how to fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue with AE 2024 on Mac M1, and all those fixes don't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines