Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice-over for animated infographics

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for reading this and maybe answering

I want to learn Ae for marketing. I intend to make animated slides.

Is there a way to do voice over while I'm showing those animated graphics?

I'm not trying to find out how to do that, only if it's possible.

Also, does anyone have some tips on how to make the most out of Ae for marketing purposes?

I'm trying to make sure I'm using the right tool (before I deep dive into Ae)

Thanks

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

visualWebber  wrote

while I'm showing those animated graphics?

What does that mean?  "Showing" animated graphics makes me think you're thinking of some sort of power point presentation.  After Effects makes videos that people simply watch.  So are talking about standing in front of a group of potential clients and "showing" them a video?

Anyway.  To answer your question, sort of:  To add voice over you need recording software (like Audition or whatever) & a microphone.

You watch the video and while

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE doesn't do any live presentation features. It only generates clips. Hence your questions are absolutely beside the point and irrelevant. AE simply isn't the tool you seem to think it is. An what is one to make of a question like "how to make the most of AE for marketing purposes" even meant to do? In the end AE is just a tool, a means to an end. You can do crappy charts on a whiteboard just as you can do lots of crappy stuff with AE. It really simply comes down to know when to use what and then have the skills to use it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

visualWebber  wrote

while I'm showing those animated graphics?

What does that mean?  "Showing" animated graphics makes me think you're thinking of some sort of power point presentation.  After Effects makes videos that people simply watch.  So are talking about standing in front of a group of potential clients and "showing" them a video?

Anyway.  To answer your question, sort of:  To add voice over you need recording software (like Audition or whatever) & a microphone.

You watch the video and while recording your voice using the microphone and recording software.  When your done you save the recording into one of many standard audio formats (AAC, FLAC, MP3, etc... ) and then import that file into the After Effects project and render the whole thing out in the video format of your choice, depending on what device the video will be viewed on.  The other option is to record the narration first (import it to AE ) and then create video to match it.

However, if you just using "slides" which I imagine you to mean just jpeg images or something of that nature that transition one to the next then After Effects is not the right choice at all.  For a simple slide show with audio your better off going with something a lot less complicated than AFter Effects.  I think both WIndows and Apple products ship with some free image editing apps that sound more suited for what you're describing.

So, before "diving in" as you say,  I think you need more clarity on what it is exactly your wanting to do.  "Marketing" is wide field with many different avenues of specialization.  If you just want to make some animated slides with a voice over then AE is overkill x 1,000

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I guess I'm confused. Thank you both for replying, Gutterfish, Mylenium.

I meant animated infographics. Not slides, that was just silly of me to say.

For marketing, but also for story telling.

For instance, showing the body and the different illnesses that can appear in different body parts.

"Making the most out of Ae for marketing purposes" is vague, sure. I meant something along the same lines, using an animated infographic as described above to be run as a Facebook ad.

Thank you both for being so kind and replying, even though my post was so vague and confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can actually easily record VO in real time in PremierePro. Simple render out your AE timeline or bring it in to PrP via DynamicLinking. Then hit the record button which is the microphone icon on one of the audio tracks in PrP. it will give you a preroll of 3 seconds and then you are off to the races.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPro does this, as you have stated, correctly. However, if you're using Dynamic Link to include an AE Timeline/Composition, then ensure that this Timeline/Composition is rendered in PPro prior to committing to the VO recording. More info here - Record audio and create voiceovers in Premiere Pro

Very Advanced After Effects Training | Adaptive & Responsive Motion Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll use PPro. I'm starting to learn about that, too, but I didn't make it to that lesson. thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your reply, Steve! I'll do just that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines