• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Particular won't load OBJ

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter what OBJ I try to use, I get the error message "After effects error. The file cannot be imported as it is not a recognised file type  ( 39 :: 7 ) "

Thing is, it works perfectly fine in the designer mode. As soon as I click apply and the designer box disappears I receive the error code and the obj doesn't load.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

You need to copy the folder "Plug-ins">"Format">"Trapcode" from your old AE Application-Folder and paste it into the one within your current AE-version. Alternitavely you could reinstall the whole RED GIANT suite, updating will not work.

Explanation: When you update AE into a new version, Particular will continue to work, the plugin is not stored within the Application Folder ("Adobe After Effects 2020">"Plug-ins") but elsewere. To import filetypes which are not natively supported Plugins are ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actual system and version info nobody can really tell you much, but this sounds like the old gag of an incompatible version and a conflict with the Cineware file loaders. I would start by checking Red Giant's website for possible updates and version compatibility.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my bad – I'm using the latest version of AE and Particular. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago (using the same version) but all of a sudden and out of the blue it doesn't seem to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrish,

We're sorry about your issue. Ideally, this error should not occur if the .obj has been imported once for making the edits. We'll need more information to understand and troubleshoot the issue better.

Additionally, please try trashing the preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences | Welcome to kevinmonahan.net

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded the latest installer from the website and reinstalled the Trapcode Suite. It seems to have fixed the OBJ issue, I'm not too sure what brought it on as it was working perfectly fine a week back. My only issue now is that it isn't accepting my original serial code for licensing! I should be able to get in touch with them to sort that though; until then I'll use the trial.

Thanks for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick chime in, had the same error, reinstalling did the trick (I didn't have an old version of AE on my computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to copy the folder "Plug-ins">"Format">"Trapcode" from your old AE Application-Folder and paste it into the one within your current AE-version. Alternitavely you could reinstall the whole RED GIANT suite, updating will not work.

Explanation: When you update AE into a new version, Particular will continue to work, the plugin is not stored within the Application Folder ("Adobe After Effects 2020">"Plug-ins") but elsewere. To import filetypes which are not natively supported Plugins are needed. Those are stored within the folder called "Plug-ins">"Format".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much 🙂 Its helps a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. You've just solved a long standing issue of mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines