• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Maxon Cinema 4D Force Install

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Adobe is force installing it with no option to prevent the installation at first place?

Each platform has standards, Microsoft has some guidelines!

Adobe should provide an option during setup, instead they just fill up our PCs with bloatware!

Don't believe me? Check after Adobe products' install how many services and processes are always running!

Solution is simple: Place a CheckBox on initial setup window: "Install C4D"!

Uninstall PS/AE/PR/ME and you'll see many of app files/folders/registry entries are not removed afterwards!

I'm truely appalled...

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Hi all,

As noted here, installing C4D is now optional when installing After Effects 2023 and later. More details on how to choose whether or not to install C4D are available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/whats-new/2023.html#C4D-optional-installer 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 105 Replies 105
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see any problem on this. It has a lot of sense to have an installation for Cinema 4D Lite and Cineware effect as a lot of mographers use C4D as their primary 3D tool for motion graphics and AE for 3D integration and post.

Why do you think this is not a good option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn't mean this tool is not good, I mean force installing of ANY 3rd party app/component with any software is NOT a good behavior and is a minus point in terms of development! They just have to give user an option to install it or not! We know that most applications leave footprints on the target system after uninstalling, both in registry and file system! Beside that, some customers won't use that! Thanks though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it wasn't in the user documenation, I could agree with you on it being bad behavior; however, it is in the user documentation and an unistaller is provided.  It would be great if the current installer includes a Customize option that allows users disable unwaned components (we had this prior to the subscription model) rather than leave users to uninstall them after the fact.  If you happen to request that on the Adobe User-Voice pages, be sure to mention it back here and I'll go vote for it.  

Although, I hope Adobe expands these partnerships.  It would be amazing to have more products included at the current subscription price:  Boris FX, Red Giant, Video Copilot, Digieffects, RE:Vision, Frischluft, Render Garden - just to name a few.  Any of the 3rd party options listed in the AE documention would be excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree here with omidsolo it's bad behavior. Think bloatware on phones bad, not evil but the start of shaddy beginnings. Also I don't think it being in the user documentation counts nor does th uninstaller work as it will just re install the program later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having real 3D tightly integrated into After Effects has been a long standing feature request by a significant number of users since the After Effects team introduced the 3D Layer Switch.

I'm a little surprised that so many are not aware that this is Adobe responding to the demands of its user base.

It was requested.  It's documented.  It functions extremely well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with having integration with professional 3D-software is useful. I personally use Maya and would like to see further integration with that. However that was not the point of theese posts I believe. Think about it Warren, why would you like to install Cinema 4D? To use Cinema 4D right? So Cinema 4D users will install it. Why include it with an adobe package? It's not like it is included with the adobe subscription. The argument that implementation is good -> therefore we want you to install C4D makes no sense if you think about it. If 3D implementation is good and installing 3D-software along with adobe package = implementation, why stop at C4D? You could also include Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini and while you are at it, rendering is good right? So why not install VRay, Arnold, Redshift and Octane? It's all good right? And if you are not a Maya, 3DS Max or Houdini user you can always uninstall it right? I mean, nobody is forcing anyone to use it! If you want to use the Autodesk Maya Live Link you have to download and install it seperately. Obviously I do not know the workings behind the scenes of Adobe, Autodesk or Maxon. I do not know who is paying who for what. But please, please, listen to what the users have to say instead of trying to defend the things Adobe does. If we wanted the pr-material of how good adobe is with implementation of other software, we would listen to the ads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter:

Thank you for your input.

You missed where I agree that there should be a "Custom" option when installing After Effects that allows the user to disable Cinema 4D Lite rather than having to circle back and remove it.

If you would also like to see this, or something like it, please head over to the Adobe User Voice page for After Effects.

For what it's worth, I could not possibly support removing it entirely.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting to something else in your post, if Adobe can work out Maya Lite, Houdini Lite, VRay Lite, Arnold Lite, Redshift Lite and Octane Lite that would be nothing short of good news for those that work with 3D.

Cinema 4D is the 3D application of choice for motion graphics artists.  The tight integration with After Effects is a result of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to most of support request tickets we receive in our company are mentioned in our help files crystal clear!

So we know that most of our customers are not reading the help files!

Imagine we install some 3rd party app without user permit and then respond we mentioned in the help file!

Surely it'll have a negative impact on their trust, as of Adobe, they're powerful, so anything is possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, where is the uninstaller? I don't even know where it installed itself as I had absolutely no say in it, it just appeared when I turned on my PC. I can't find it in the control panel. I also don't have AE installed currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could manually remove it, but I'm not sure why you would want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure 100% of After Effects users will absolutely need it?

But I'm sure Adobe got paid well to force pack it with AE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best 3D tool for motion grahpics not only has direct integration with After Effects (via the Cinewave plug-in), but a lite veresion of an application that costs several thousand dollars on its own is included.

It's installed in a way that's in keeping with the other 3rd party products that are integrated like MochaAE, Keylight and the Cycore Effects.  

I'm not sure what there is to be upset about here.  This is entirely to the benefit of the end users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I agree with you, we suppose that's the most useful & expensive app on the globe, and Adobe is doing us a favor to bundle it.

But in development > application packaging we have standards, including anything rather than the main app with the installer and set it up without user permission is NOT accepted in ANY resource or reference!

That's what I say! Beside the fact that there are users that don't use it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cinema4D is integrated into After Effects.  Without the lite version of Cinema4D, we would have parital integration.  It's not a separate offering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad that Cinema 4D is installed, I would want that installed anyway, and I understand the dependency on it being installed, but as a user, I should not have to go on the internet and google keywords to find out how come I suddenly have Cinema4D installed on my machine, don't you agree?

I don't remember installing C4D. I don't remember being notified C4D is being installed.

Why not? Do I not deserve to know what goes on my computer or is Adobe just going to do whatever it wants with my computer? Give me a dialog that it's a dependency on many features. I'll OK it.

Don't install stuff behind my back.

Or was there some prominent mention that it will be installed that I am completely missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the arrogance in these forums..

Hello, After-Effects user with NO need of Cinema4D! And NO software company owns my PC and tells me what to install and what not! This applies to forced Cinema4D install and the Adobe Suite itself (I have to disable the auto-start services on every update of the suite again, because Adobe and Co think their software is the most important thing for every user and has to run all the time the PC is on. Spoiler: It isn't.)

I am a Maya User for 20 years and Adobe stuff for 25, an I use AfterFX and Premiere only for simple stuff and sometimes for cutting VR videos. That's why people invented Addons for example, so people can dis- or enable features on demand. Speeding up start-up and lowering memory footprint. Sometimes also stabilizing running software/the whole machine.

This whole thread reminds me of one in the Adobe forum about 15 years ago when someone asked why Adobe products do support multi-screens so badly and do not have customizable keyboard shortcuts. And the first answers where "No one needs more than 1 screen and customized shortcuts! If you do you have a problem with your working pipeline".

Mr. Heaton, please read the posts you are replying to, carefully. I used Windows Multi-Screen even in the 90s, and I was talking about ADOBE, not Windows!

btw: Cannot reply, the button disappears without any effect after clicking it, even on different browsers!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness for extended desktop!  It's one of the many things that drew me to the Mac platform back in the 1990s when it was non-existant on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, each Adobe software installation makes a hell of dll and component in the target system, if you're expert, you must use some tools to REMOVE / DISABLE those craps from your poor Windows after every Adobe installation!

During the past years, this terrible behavior in thei installers got a little better, but not yet pretty standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all the people saying "I see no problem with this", YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

It is because of people like you that companies like these abuse their terms. Because you don't give a sh**.

You pay people like me to go and fix your computer because it runs like sh**, but still you have the guts to come to a forum and speak your mind.

I barely want the Adobe CC crap consuming my system, now I have to uninstall unwanted software as well?

Even dodgy software installers give you options to decline extra offers, but no, not Adobe. They do what they want. Between my newly installed Windows 10 and Adobe CC, I'm rapidly losing my patience with software companies.

F*** U Maxon, and F*** U Adobe.

And F*** U too Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FungalLove:

I hear you saying that you are unhappy with Adobe and Maxon and Microsoft.  You do not need to purchase their products.  You have a choice.  

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd expect better responses on a professional forum, Warren. 
I've been in the motion graphics industry for many years, however can also attest to not being a C4D user (or any 3d user for that matter). However it is a rather legitimate concern to raise when software is unintentionally installed.

That aside, your 'you do not need to purchase their products' comment is quite unbecoming of someone with a 'community professional' tag. I would say this isn't professional behaivour in the slightest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, after editing my initial posting the reply function works again.. facepalm.

Aaron, thanks for your comment. Some people like a world without criticism. On my art school I had lots of them. Everything that Apple and Adobe does is always right. You are not allowed to complain!

Criticism is a very (!) usefull thing if you want to get things better. And the topic here is NOT a bug or something (no one is perfect, and software will always have its flaws), it is once again a bundle of actions against the user. Just because the company knows they can do what they want (without any competition out there), especially when it comes to privacy issues.

Still remember the times when you downloaded some free software for your machine and it was bundled with some anti virus software, realplayer, search bar, chrome browser and other stuff you never wanted to download and install? Did you, Mr. Heaton, like this behavior? Because more is always better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there's anything on your computer that you don't like, you should remove it - especially if you do not trust the source.  If you do trust the source, there is no harm in leaving it.  For example, I never use iMovie, Pages, nor Numbers; however, I leave them installed and it does not bother me that Apple includes them with macOS in any way whatsoever.

I advocate for being able to customize an installation.  

Adobe is very open to user input.  This forum is not the place for it.  The Adobe User-voice pages are.  

If it's free, it's freeware (not software).

We're not talking about bloatware here.  We're talking about industry leading software that is well documented.  So, the asnwer to the original post is, "No, you cannot prevent the install of Maxon Cinema 4D Lite, but you can uninstall it at any time.  See the user documentation for how to do this."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines