Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with badge installation in Chrome on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

The badge installation stopped working recently, probably after last Google Chrome update. Problem look like this: after clicking "install now" badge the confirmation window to install Adobe AIR appears ("Would you like to install adobe AIR?"). I click yes, download progress bar goes from 0 to 100%, and then error message appears ("Download error. Try again?"). Click yes - everything repeats.

Also, in Chrome on Windows there is text under the badge: "In order to run <app name>, this installer will also set up Adobe AIR" - but latest AIR is already installed. We used standard installation badge, provided with the SDK.

OS Windows 7 ver 6.1 (build 7600)

Browser Google Chrome 21.0.1180.60 m

Flash Player 11.3.31.222

AIR 3.3.0.3670

The problem appears only in Google Chrome, and only on Windows. In IE and FF everything seems to work fine. In Chrome 21.0.1180.57 on Mac OS X 10.7.2 it works fine as well.

You can look at the error here: http://www.jivosite.ru/install_application

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 103 Replies 103
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, but I'm going to meet with the dev manager in charge of this issue tomorrow and will give an update afterwards.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and ? tommorow was 5 days ago....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 50 responses, I think it's time for Adobe to give solutions on board and avoid other kind of messages to postpone the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be so sure, me and few other people are fighting with other bug https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3213241 as you can see, we are waiting from June, our bussiness is depending on this software and Adobe is doing almost nothing on really serious problems, so this product isn't good for any buissenss for now... we can't trust Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

An update on progress would be helpful.

Thanks,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, PLEASE update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the lack of updates.  I did meet with the team last week and I was hoping we'd have an engineering response posted on the bug reports (for both the Chromium and Adobe bugs) at the end of last week.

I realize that this is an important issue for everyone involved.  The short story is we're still working with the Chrome team but because of security implications we don't have a firm timeline for when this will be done.  I will try to get permission to post a more detailed explanation and estimate asap.

Edit: Removed the time estimate as it hinges on too many factors for me to give a minimum date at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Windows Pepper FP was put into production, both Adobe and Google received feedback about lack of support for AIR badge installation and the problems it caused users trying to install AIR applications. We heard you and got your message. Both organizations have been actively working to develop a new architecture for badge installation that works within the secure environment provided by Chrome while still offering easy installations of AIR applications. Satisfying both these requirements is challenging and although we have made progress, there are still a few remaining security issues to overcome. Once we reach consensus on those remaining issues, we will be able to provide a schedule projection. We hope to have more information in a few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob! This is what we needed to hear, or at least most of us, I guess. I'm glad that the powers that be are working on this and that there may be a solution in the not too distant future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still waiting anxiously for this correction!!!!! Any updates????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing new to report.  As Bob mentioned on the 24th, we hope to have more information available in a few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and now one week more gone..ahh. this helps my collegues to say, flash is no more better choice..wth.. please adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

What's the status on this right now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure, less hopes.. after seeing this..

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4613259

anxious to know, exact status...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Some news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll have a progress update for you guys shortly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds promissing ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to set any expectations, but I realize that you guys have been waiting for an update and I've talked with our engineering team about putting something together to let people know where we are at in the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any chance, that it will be fixed in FP 11.6 release ? and little off-topic is there fp 11.6 beta with ppapi interface ? i found only npapi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news?

Or is Adobe trying to wait until Adobe AIR is no more used?

This is the 3rd 'hard' bug in relation to Adobe AIR since August ...

- this problem
- ELS
- Shared Object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we understand the progress but in my case is vital than this functionality work fine, because adobe air don't permit manage Url Scheme different and this bug do my application useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much progress to report in this status update for AIR badge installs in Chrome Pepper: 

We have AIR badge installs working in-house.

Our implementation has been undergoing an in-depth Google security review over the past weeks, which has resulted in some changes to the code. At this point we believe that we are at, or very close to, code complete, pending a final security review with Google.

Our implementation also required a new Chrome API, which Google implemented, and it is making its way through their Chrome release process.

I plan to post another update later this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... Thank you... Thank you...

sounds like we are getting close and that's all we can ask...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It's good to hear that (with a bit of inertia) both companies heard our cries for help and are working together to bring back this much needed technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a big christmas present for all of us! Better late than never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines