• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated female lips

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted a tutorial guide of how i can make this lips on this banner.

320x100-100.jpg

move like the lips on this video:

https://videohive.net/item/animation-female-lips/14663419

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

I think i agree - OP seems to be asking about how to create that fluid movement between mouth shapes - which is a lot of inbetweens. Mostly frame-by-frame it looks like. But it would be cool to combine that with actual lip syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As nice and informative the video kglad linked is, it is not exactly what danielo33771543 seems to be looking for.

Although I’m not experienced enough, I’m sure you can use either the Shape Tween or the Asset Warp Tool to animate your artwork in a similar way to the banner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what’s not exactly on point about cg’s tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad  wrote

what’s not exactly on point about cg’s tutorial?

Chris has made an excellent presentation.

Thanks for linking to it, mate!

I hadn't seen it.

--

As to what the OP wants - it really is unclear. He's linked to some source which shows animation of mouths that certainly involves lots of drawings.

So if the question can be translated to: "How do I draw 100 drawings?" The answer would be: "By drawing them one after another."

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s. you just need 12 mouth shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the second part of n. tilcheff's answer.

Is it not possible to do a similar animation using either the the Shape Tween or the Asset Warp Tool instead of drawing lots of sequential frames?

If not with the standard Animate tools, maybe with Flaminate Power Tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pagios

I just didn't want to go too far in the guess work, but since now I'm part of the topic I will respond

I believe that your interpretation of the original question to be correct. I understand it in the same way as you do.

I'm not too sure, though, if the person asking the question understands exactly what they are asking

I don't think that the question has anything to do with dialogue or lip syncing.

(Lip syncing BTW can be done quite convincingly with fewer than 12 mouth positions.)

As for the the answer - I'd say a combination of many drawn frames and shape tweening to save some work and achieve certain smoothness. The ratio between uniquely drawn and shape tweened frames can be between 1:1 to 1:2 at best in such a situation. And even those tweened frames will require to be converted to keys most likely and manually cleaned up.

Elements will need to be layered on many layers and the whole thing will end up as quite a complex structure, esp. due to all the re-layering (or masking) needed to convey 'objects' originating behind, but then sliding on top and so on.

Flanimate Power Tools wouldn't be of much use in this situation, I'm afraid.

Best!

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think i agree - OP seems to be asking about how to create that fluid movement between mouth shapes - which is a lot of inbetweens. Mostly frame-by-frame it looks like. But it would be cool to combine that with actual lip syncing.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto lip-sync tutorial is fine indeed. However, as far as I understand by watching the video linked by danielo33771543 under the banner, he does not seem to want to simulate a talking mouth. Instead he seems to want to create specific mouth behavior like liking or biting the lips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines