• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Swatch colors not accurate / picking wrong colors

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently upgraded Adobe Animate to 24.0.3, and the color panel's gradient square (use for picking colors) looks drastically different and does not accurately reflect the actual colors being picked at all. (e.g. in the screenshot, the color I selected is bright red, but the spot I'd had to click on to get bright red is showing light orange)

hugh3540_0-1716264050318.png

All RGB color picking options show wrong colors in the gradient square. Are there settings I should tweak on my end, or is this an issue with Adobe 2024 in general? 
Thank you. 

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

@kglad  

As the OP, @hugh3540,  has stated in R G B modes there is a bug.

The problem consists of the gradient being displayed in the Color panel active picking areas not matching the actual color being chosen.

The gradients shown are stretched beyond the boundaries shown in the panel and only display part of the gamut.

Here is an illustration:

ntilcheff_0-1716331098011.png

As I recall an attempt was made in 2019 during the prerelease phase to have a much larger color panel with the introduction of the new UI. Then it was scale

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the color picker simply isn't displaying the full spectrum, but is instead displaying the top left portion of the sull spectrum it represents. Here's what it looks like when I pick black: 

hugh3540_0-1716265983292.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your monitor display set at 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this can't have anything to do with my monitor / display settings. I just upgraded from Animate 2017, where the color picker looked entirely different (using R mode). To get "black", I'd actually click a spot that looked black. Such a spot does not exist now 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For comparison, this is what the color spectrum looked like before: 

hugh3540_0-1716268450503.png

This is it now (pay especial attention to the bottom left corner, which is not black): 

hugh3540_1-1716268489372.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

display % affects what animate interprets as your mouse position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. My display is indeed at 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what exact steps do you take (so i can try to duplicate them) to see the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Yeah, I have been noticing some inaccuracies in the Eyedropper Tool in recent versions of Animate. For example, if I need to get a color from a shape, I cannot do this from the root, but I have to instead go deeper in the hierarchy until where the shape is located.

I think some other users have reported problems to this tool in the Prerelease Forums as well.

Anyway, please also help letting the Animate team know about it through this link:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JoãoCésar 

i don't see this problem on win 10 animate 24.0.3.  is it restricted to mac versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know.

I have tested on Mac only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been present since AA 20.0 on Win and Mac.

Not in H S B modes; only in R G B.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@n. tilcheff 

how do you duplicate the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad  

As the OP, @hugh3540,  has stated in R G B modes there is a bug.

The problem consists of the gradient being displayed in the Color panel active picking areas not matching the actual color being chosen.

The gradients shown are stretched beyond the boundaries shown in the panel and only display part of the gamut.

Here is an illustration:

ntilcheff_0-1716331098011.png

As I recall an attempt was made in 2019 during the prerelease phase to have a much larger color panel with the introduction of the new UI. Then it was scaled down to a more reasonable size. I believe that the bug originates there.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@n. tilcheff 

thank you.  i do see that and i see the solution of using hsb fixes the problem.

thank you., again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @kglad !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've submitted a bug report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines